Re: Sims 4 unable to start

by Robins1899

Original Post

Hero

What OS are you all on ? 

Did you redownload Origin before reinstalling it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (365 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea, I tried that and my OS is windows.

Message 12 of 20 (355 Views)

★ Novice
I called them and it was because of the antivirus that I had setup on my computer so I turned that off and deleted the origin and then reinstalled it and right clicked on the game saved on the desktop and clicked like restart I don't really remember it was like 3/4 of the way down and it started with an r but anyway that worked so it might be the same problem
Message 13 of 20 (347 Views)

★ Apprentice

still checking in. i have done everything, i repeat everything and still no working. i scanned this forum for 3 weeks. did every suggestion. nothing again i repeat, nothing. when is the patch coming

Message 14 of 20 (337 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have done all of that. i ran cc cleaner also. than redownloaded and then installed. i have windows 8

Message 15 of 20 (335 Views)

★ Apprentice

checking in again and tried. sims4 doesnt recognize origin. i also did the disable antivirus trick. no go. what next ?

Message 16 of 20 (323 Views)

★★ Novice

I got windows 10 and it started to work. Then i tried using going online and i got that origin message.

Message 17 of 20 (303 Views)

★ Apprentice

now my sims2 game and expansions are gone. my computer says they are not there. i have windows 8 and never had any problems before 3 weeks ago...unbelievable

Message 18 of 20 (287 Views)

★ Apprentice

thats sims2 and sims4. i hate to even try sims3

Message 19 of 20 (285 Views)

finally sims4 works

★ Apprentice

after trying every suggestion, the last one worked.

1. right click for option, check updates and then repair after you do all that then click game properties and box will come up with option. check the box. disable origin. then to launch game use your shortcut from your desktop. worked like a charm.

It had been 3 weeks of trying everything.  Its the Origin. its bad news.

Message 20 of 20 (287 Views)