Sims 4 not opening

by MyLordpiler777

Original Post

Sims 4 not opening

★ Novice

I can not open My sims four. I have played it a lot and it just might need sometime to do something, I don't know. I played yesterday (8.23.15) and stopped cause I had something to do. I had then saved and closed the program. Then again last night I tried to open it on my desktop (I have a shortcut) and it would not open. I had then tried Origin But when I moved my mouse over the game "play" was greyed out and I couldn't click on it to play. I had thought that maybe it was updating or something so I left it alone. Then this morning (8.24.15) I tried to play again. I clicked on my shortcut (desktop) and it wouldn't open so I tried Origin and "play" was still blacked out. I am very concerned, I do have 4 Elder Sims and two Pregnant and Not being on the game when one dies or gives birth would very much frustrate me. So if anyone could help that would be amazing! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 6 (576 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not opening

EA Staff

@MyLordpiler777 Could you please try clearing origin's cache and see if this has any effect?

Spoiler
1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
2. Navigate to the Origin subfolder located within C:\ProgramData
· Note: This folder is hidden by default, you will need to un-hide it first.
3. Now delete ALL the subfolders visible within C:\ProgramData\Origin, except for the LocalContent folder.

After this right click the Sims 4 game tile and select 'Repair Game'.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6 (554 Views)

★ Novice

I tried and "Repair" is not an option. I mean it is, But it is greyed out. And I am unable to chose it as an option

Message 3 of 6 (544 Views)

★ Novice

tried to fully Exit Origin and it said, "Origin can not close when game 'Sims 4' Is running, Please close the game.

Message 4 of 6 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, I couldn't play and the button was greyed out. Mine also said it needed to be updated. But what worked for me is I had to clear the local content. But the local content folder is hidden so you have to

open control panel on your computer and then click appearance and personalization.

then, under folder options click show hidden files and folders.

after you click on that make sure show hidden files, folders, and drives is checked off. click apply.

make sure you are exited out of origin.

then open your documents and go into these folders (it may be localcontent or localdata depending on your computer)

C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent\The Sims 4

after you click sims 4 then delete the stuff in the folder.

then log back into origin and it should work! 

When I logged in it told me it needed to be update and I updated it and now its working.

I hope it works for you too!

Message 5 of 6 (511 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! Not about this topic but my female sim won't get pregnant and i've tried so many times an the 'Try for a baby' option and even tried many male sims. I'm not sure what to do and why it's happening but every single female sim I owned and made had this problem. Please get back asap!!!

Message 6 of 6 (434 Views)