Re: Sims 4 download speed keeps going down to 0 on Mac.

by yahel_1

Original Post

Sims 4 download speed keeps going down to 0 on Mac.

★★ Novice

Sims 4 download speed keeps going down to 0 on Mac. Speed goes up again for a few seconds after restarting Origin (have to force quit origin when downloading). Network speed and ping are fine. Reinstalled origin, repaired permissions, restarted mac etc, please help.

Message 1 of 8 (1,474 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

The first step, checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 8 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice
I have tried this already and unfortunately it does not work.
Message 3 of 8 (1,444 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

See whether all the required ports are open: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

-ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection/Sims 4. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client

-updating your Origin client...to the latest Beta version /top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General..
 -restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 8 (1,442 Views)

★★ Novice
I have done all of the above, unfortunately it's of no use..
Message 5 of 8 (1,435 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

-check your date&time

-restart your modem/router,but modem first

Clear the Origin cache here are the steps...
- login in Origin first.
-click on “Origin” at the top left of origin window and select “Application Settings”.
- in settings window, click on “Advance” button from left side.
- then you will see there “Delete all game Installer” button. Click on it.
-click on “Yes” then click on “Close”.

Restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 8 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go into the Origin preferences/settings and enable safe mode. It's slow but it stops a lot less than usual. Not a perfect answer, but better then nothing. Hopefully they'll actually fix this soon.

Message 7 of 8 (1,047 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I have had this exact same issue for a while now on my Mac. Its very frustrating as I have bought dine out and can't download it until sims 4 is updated. I have tried everything you said above but nothing! When pausing a download or resuming it is stuck resuming for ages before it starts. Even then it sometimes won't get past resuming update and I have to force quit again. Please help me, your online chat doesn't work as I never get put with anyone.

Message 8 of 8 (677 Views)