Sims 4 crashing

by princesskaraaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashing

★★★ Newbie

I make it to the EA logo and then the game crashes. I haven't played in almost a year, but before I was never running into these issues. I tried to open the game, was told it needed to be updated, and now after the update I can't get it to load anything! I have no mods or CC, base game only! Please help

Message 1 of 2 (292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 crashing

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @princesskaraaa.

Based on your DxDiag the first thing I would suggest us checking for any driver updates for your GPU as your current drivers are over a year old.

Once done you can go ahead and repair The Sims 4 which you can do by right clicking on the game tile in your My Game Library and selecting repair. This will then check your install files for any issues and should it find any repair them. 

Once done relaunch the game and let me know what happens.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 crashing

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @princesskaraaa.

Based on your DxDiag the first thing I would suggest us checking for any driver updates for your GPU as your current drivers are over a year old.

Once done you can go ahead and repair The Sims 4 which you can do by right clicking on the game tile in your My Game Library and selecting repair. This will then check your install files for any issues and should it find any repair them. 

Once done relaunch the game and let me know what happens.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)