Re: Sims 4 base game PC (Stuck at 55%)

by nerdlove1994

Original Post

Sims 4 base game PC (Stuck at 55%)

★★★ Newbie

Got sims 4 for the PC as a gift. It has 2 discs, I put in the first one and it started downloading. Got to 50% and I popped in disc 2. Now I'm stuck at 55% 

Message 1 of 4 (521 Views)

@nerdlove1994  What happens if you try to download from Origin rather than using the discs?  Since you needed to register your disc codes anyway, it's easy enough to download directly from your Origin game library.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I tried downloading from Origin and still had the same issue where I was stuck on a loop being at 55% with the ETA showing up as 0. After a few videos, I finally managed to get it to work though after doing a combination of a few things
Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nerdlove1994  I'm glad to hear you got the download working.  If you have the time, it would be helpful for you to write out what you did and accept your post as a solution to this thread.  That way, other people with the same issue will be able to find your answer more easily, and it might save them the time and effort of trying a bunch of other approaches.  I'm also curious myself—this issue is uncommon but not unheard of, and I'd like to be able to point people to a fix rather than just giving generic troubleshooting advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (374 Views)