Re: Sims 4 Won't Finalize Update! Help!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Novice

When I had this problem I turned off my WiFi so it would pause the finalizing then I turned it back on it worked. I also opened my mods folder so that may have kickstarted it too. 

I have a iMac 

Message 11 of 18 (1,545 Views)

★ Novice
@NaomiBaptist I don’t know if you ever figured this out, but if someone else has the issue and stumbles across this thread, I had this problem, and all I had to do is start another download when it started finalizing, and that bumped it out and finished the install! Then just cancel the installation of whatever game you clicked on and you should be good to play! Easy as that, hopefully it works for you! I have a pretty * laptop, that has a lot of problems on a good day, so you gotta get creative lol. Good luck!
Message 12 of 18 (1,216 Views)

★★ Novice

how do we do this with mac

Message 13 of 18 (1,038 Views)

@camerondior  Run the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Restart your computer, and try to update/downloar/repair, whatever didn't work, a second time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 18 (995 Views)

★★ Novice

does that just so the info of my origin app or does it actually help me?

Message 15 of 18 (974 Views)

@camerondior  The Origin reset tool removes cache fiels and other data that could be preventing Origin from finishing the finalizing process.  I linked it because, absent any information on your particular issue aside from the fact that you posted in this thread, I don't know what else to recommend.  If the reset tool doesn't fix your problem, please describe exactly what's happening on your system in more detail.

Message 16 of 18 (962 Views)

★ Novice

Will doing the reset mess up my currently saved game?

Message 17 of 18 (763 Views)

@lacdav  The Origin reset tool doesn't touch the Sims 4 user data folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts) or anything inside.  However, it's a good idea in general to back up this folder, or at least the saves inside it, every once in a while.  There's always a chance something happens to your computer, and it's much easier to restore a recent backup than to start from scratch.

You can right-click (or hold down crtl and click) on the saves folder, or the entire Sims 4 folder, and select Copy, then right-click where you want it to go and select Paste.  The best practice would be to store it on an external hard drive or USB, or upload it to a free filesharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Message 18 of 18 (748 Views)