Sims 4 Won't Finalize Update! Help!

by NaomiBaptist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't Finalize Update! Help!

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims 4 off of Origin, I was able to play it for awhile and then it said there was an update, so I tried to do the update and it'll get to 100% but won't finalize. I don't know if it's something I did or what I can do to fix it. Please help!

Message 1 of 18 (39,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Won't Finalize Update! Help!

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot 
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the set up file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this please try updating the game again.

View in thread

Message 6 of 18 (40,883 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin? Also make sure that Origin is running with Admin rights.

Message 2 of 18 (38,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I check for Admin Rights?

Message 3 of 18 (38,958 Views)

EA Staff

To set Origin to run with Administrative rights on a Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 system, please do the following:

1. Right click on your Origin's desktop shortcut.
  2. Select 'Properties'.
  3. Click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box at the bottom under 'Privilege Level' where it says 'Run this Program as an administrator'.
  4. Click Apply and OK.

Once you have done all of the above start Origin.

Message 4 of 18 (38,947 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. I followed what you suggested the OP should do, but it did not work. Anything else to try?

Message 5 of 18 (38,929 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot 
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the set up file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this please try updating the game again.

Message 6 of 18 (40,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I tried both options and still can not get it to work, is there anything else i can do?

Message 7 of 18 (38,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried your latest suggestion, did NOT work. So I tried uninstalling my Sims 4 and reinstalling, and now THAT won't reinstall! Download is paused at 100%, but won't finalize. 

I had to restart my computer, and then I was getting an error message from Origin that was telling me to "click Yes in the User account Control promot to continue" but I was receiving no such thing.

In the middle of typing this out, I dunno what happened but it seems like the game finished finalizing. I'm still pretty upset that I had to uninstall and reinstall just to be met with more problems.

Message 8 of 18 (38,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

hello

PLEASE NOTE, I have been having issues all the way back from an update that happened last year plus . I did Uninstall and reinstall a couple of times

it has been a love mostly hate relationship with Origin and Sims 4. I have already Uninstall and reinstall Sims 4 and Origin a few months back. I would like to kindly tell you that it takes me a WEEK to reinstall everything. As you could imagine that is really frustrating and my patience has grown quite thin with Origin/Sims 4. Every-single-time I update I ALWAYS have an issue with my Sims 4 game. It will not play after I update. I have repaired the game several times. Everything runs smoothly up until it is time to finalize. Then i get a error message saying that the download failed. Furthermore, uninstalling and reinstalling is NOT going to be an option for me. The problem is NOT on my end the problem is with Origin/Sims 4. I am a loyal fan of the Sims. I have had every generation. From the 2D game to the BEST game they have ever made, The Sims 3, to the not so amazing Sims 4. I have payed hundreds of dollars on this franchise. Tell me, do you think that it is fair to pay for something that doesn't or sometimes work? I make sure that my gaming system is compatible with the Sims game. I have read these forums about people having the same issues all the way back to 2014. Now here it is in the year 2018 and the issue still exist. Because of Origin, I will not buy another EA game if it is associated with origin. Unless they fix the problem once and for all. 

Message 9 of 18 (32,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Malakah89 wrote:

hello

PLEASE NOTE, I have been having issues all the way back from an update that happened last year plus . I did Uninstall and reinstall a couple of times

it has been a love mostly hate relationship with Origin and Sims 4. I have already Uninstall and reinstall Sims 4 and Origin a few months back. I would like to kindly tell you that it takes me a WEEK to reinstall everything. As you could imagine that is really frustrating and my patience has grown quite thin with Origin/Sims 4. Every-single-time I update I ALWAYS have an issue with my Sims 4 game. It will not play after I update. I have repaired the game several times. Everything runs smoothly up until it is time to finalize. Then i get a error message saying that the download failed. Furthermore, uninstalling and reinstalling is NOT going to be an option for me. The problem is NOT on my end the problem is with Origin/Sims 4. I am a loyal fan of the Sims. I have had every generation. From the 2D game to the BEST game they have ever made, The Sims 3, to the not so amazing Sims 4. I have payed hundreds of dollars on this franchise. Tell me, do you think that it is fair to pay for something that doesn't or sometimes work? I make sure that my gaming system is compatible with the Sims game. I have read these forums about people having the same issues all the way back to 2014. Now here it is in the year 2018 and the issue still exist. Because of Origin, I will not buy another EA game if it is associated with origin. Unless they fix the problem once and for all. 

I completely agree. I have bought every single sims game in the sims 2 and sims 3. I wanted to try the sims 4 but this experience with origin has been miserable and I hate it. I will not ever recommend this game until they get smart enough to go back to the way it used to be when you could download the cd onto the computer and just play it that way. Origin is the worst invention I have ever had to deal with!!! 

Message 10 of 18 (27,644 Views)