Sims 4 Will Not Repair

by annamarie7100

Original Post

Sims 4 Will Not Repair

★★★ Newbie

So I wanted to play the Sims 4 one day and I pressed on the application in Origin and it said that there was an issue with it. So I needed to repair the game, but every time I tried it kept saying "download error" and told me to check my connection, but my connection was fine. After further research, I saw that I should turn something on called "Safe Mode," but I did not have this option, after more research I was told in order to get this back I needed to install the new beta version on Origin through Application Settings and then a General Tab, but I do not have this General Tab. What should I do? I have already tried reinstalling Origin itself too and nothing seems to be working. I am willing to try anything at this point! I just wanna play some Sims 4. 

- Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (10,741 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Will Not Repair

@annamarie7100  To turn on Origin beta, hover over your username and select Application Settings.  The first category is called Application, and "Participate in Origin client betas" is under Client update.  You'll need to quit Origin and restart for beta to be enabled.

If you're still having trouble repairing your game, move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  After you've repaired, launch Sims 4 to create a new game folder, and then you can move the contents of Saves and Tray from the old folder to the new one.  These are your saves, saved sims, and builds.  If you have any mods or custom content, you can move those over as well, but the other files are irrelevant or will regenerate as needed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (10,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your response! So I already had the "Participate in Origin Client Betas" toggle on, so I tried turning it off, restarting and then turning it back on and restarting and my Sims still will not repair. So I also tried moving my whole Sims 4 folder to my desktop and the game still won't repair, am I missing something by chance? 

- Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (10,695 Views)

@annamarie7100  Try running Origin as an admin.  In Windows, right-click on the Origin icon and select "run as Administrator."  On a Mac, make sure you're in an admin account. And turn off your antivirus/firewall temporarily, just long enough to attempt to repair.

You can also try clearing Origin's cache (Windows) or running the Origin reset tool (macOS).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't work, the more drastic approach would be to uninstall and reinstall Origin.  In macOS, this is easy—run the reset tool again, then right-click on the Origin icon in Applications and select Move to Trash.  In Windows, you'll need to uninstall Origin "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

And please let me know which operating system you have (Windows or macOS), so I can ask around for help if necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (10,684 Views)