Re: Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack recurring charges?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack recurring charges?

★★ Novice
I purchased sims4 Vampire game pack for my daughter. On my bank statement it says; 4 recurring. Why?
Message 1 of 11 (777 Views)

EA DICE Team

@rosettos

I'm not sure, as you did not make any recurring purchases. Perhaps the statement you are referring to is not related to the Origin Store?

Message 2 of 11 (756 Views)

★★ Novice
My husband is who pointed it out, on our bank statement, it says recurring (not "4 recurring" like I stated before. That was a continuation of the transaction number, my apologies), and I am just trying to find out if I missed some fine print or if it is a mistake. I looked on my account and order history and nowhere on it says anything about a recurring charge. The charge is from EA *ORGINS.COM, in the amount of $19.99, which is the amount of the game pack. I can provide a screen shot if need be, but as long as there is no actual recurring charges, I don't see the need to do so. Thank you for your time and the quick response to my concern.
Message 3 of 11 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@rosettos

A screenshot will not be necessary, but thank you for offering.

I double-checked your account purchase history and I can confirm that there aren't purchases containing recurring charges. In any case that additional problems do arise for an unknown reason, then I would like to leave you with a means to contact an Advisor as they will be able to make account & billing changes for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 4 of 11 (743 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rosettos Many times the financial company that actually processes the transaction will do a test charge (sometimes multiple test charges) to see if the account exists and is in service. These charges usually disappear in 24 hours. I have only seen them on line and have never seen them in my mailed statement. Usually the charge is $1 but I have seen $.01 charges also.

Message 5 of 11 (732 Views)

EA DICE Team

@roberta591

Thanks for bringing that up, I didn't think that was what these charges could be referring to.

@rosettos

Such charges are detailed in the following article:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/payment-pre-authorization-fee-on-credit-card-purchases/

Message 6 of 11 (727 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm currently having this problem as well. It consistently told me there was an error, they my cvc was invalid, so I retyped up everything a few times- Thinking I must have hit a wrong number with my long nails. I thought something was weird, maybe wrong with my card, so I looked at my bank account and I've been charged 1$ each time! I hope to heck they don't charge me ten times for one game due to a misunderstanding. I'm going to have to gosh darn my whole way through this website until I find a useful assistance number considering the one I tried earlier was shut down. Rotten Vegetables. Currently waiting on the call as well they're suppose to be doing. I'm pretty peeved.

(Tried to refrain from cussing as much as I wanted in a Creative way e .e" )

Message 7 of 11 (711 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for looking into this issue for me, and reassuring me that everything looks correct on your end. I will be keeping an eye out for any other charges, just in case, but I think we are good. Your help is very much appreciated. Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Glad we could help, @rosettos Standard smile

@Discordiant

Did you manage to get it working?

Message 9 of 11 (685 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not one bit, I sat on the phone with a really chill guy for an hour and a half after waiting on a representative to contact me both Via chat or call for two hours. Turns out when I went to the bank the dumb * at the counter screwed something up with my account so for two days in a row I've been trying to get a hold of them. But apparently my account must still work because ten one dollar charges went though, sooooo, what gives? Mr. Chill phone guy couldn't tell me, and I'm trying really hard to not be rude or mean about anything in any way- Just getting frustrated is all. Really. *. Frustrated.

It's probably all the bank though. Scrubs as they are.

----I gave up on not cussing. Completely Caved. *Groan

(Also, sorry for blowing up on this nonchalant forum would you call it? Still though, I'm really sorry x.x" )

Message 10 of 11 (672 Views)