Sims 4.- Unable to start.

★ Novice

Can someone help me with this please? Here's a list of things that I've done:

• Up dated Sims.
  • Repaired Sims.
  • Re-Installed Origin.
  • re-downloaded Origin.
  • re- Downloaded Origin.

I recently downloaded the Sims 4 Christmas Pack, and every time I've googled/youtubed things to fix with Sims Clitches. It wouldn't let me work or play on it.. At all. If anyone has a windows 10 and has answers I'd like to know please.

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4.- Unable to start.

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xTildax

Hi,

The error message refers to custom content. Make sure that all your mods are therefore uninstalled. Your best method of doing this is going into your C:\Documents\Electronic Arts folder and cutting your Sims 4 folder to your desktop. You've now made a backup.

If you now start your game again all your settings and custom content will be removed. This should run the game without issues. Let me know how that goes for you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xTildax

Hi,

The error message refers to custom content. Make sure that all your mods are therefore uninstalled. Your best method of doing this is going into your C:\Documents\Electronic Arts folder and cutting your Sims 4 folder to your desktop. You've now made a backup.

If you now start your game again all your settings and custom content will be removed. This should run the game without issues. Let me know how that goes for you.

Message 2 of 4 (272 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xTildax

Did you manage to get back into the game? Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)