Sims 4/Origin not starting up

by Sparkifyed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4/Origin not starting up

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I'm trying to play The Sims 4, but clicking on that and Origin does absolutely nothing. No errors or anything. It just won't run. I have had this issue before, and reinstalling Origin helped, but I uninstalled Origin and now the installer won't even open. I went and backed up my game data and uninstalled The Sims 4- still nothing. Tried disabling my antivirus and firewall- STILL nothing. Restarted the machine at least ten times now- NOTHING. Usually the game runs beautifully on this machine, I'm getting really angry.
I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of Origin. Neither have been updated since the last time I played. I haven't made any major changes to the machine since before I last played the game.
Message 1 of 4 (657 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4/Origin not starting up

★★★ Expert

If you are having trouble finding the control panel jsut type Control in the start menu search bar, it will come right up for you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (669 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

See if this fix works for you.

eaeircon wrote:

<snip>

1. Exit Origin (if you can't exit it normally, try opening Task Manager and use End Process on Origin).
  2. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  3. Click Advanced settings, and then click the Monitor tab.
  4. Under Colors, select True Color (32 bit), and then click OK.
  5. Launch Origin again.
Message 2 of 4 (639 Views)

★ Novice
That didn't work. Frown I had trouble with the directions: are those directions for Windows 10?
Message 3 of 4 (632 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you are having trouble finding the control panel jsut type Control in the start menu search bar, it will come right up for you.

Message 4 of 4 (670 Views)