Re: Sims 4 Expansions...Redeeming as gift

by Vampyr444

Original Post

Sims 4 Expansions...Redeeming as gift

★ Novice

Hello, I just recently purchased 3 expansion packs for my daughter as a gift for xmas from the sims 4 Origin site. It was actually cheaper than Amazon. It stated I needed to sign in to purchase them. But when I got the purchase confirmation emailed to me. there was no codes, and thus stated I need to redeem them from my Origin Account in the Sims 4 game. I do not play the game, nor have the game in general and I need to find out how she will be able to add the expansion packs to her game. 

Any suggestions on how I can get these codes so she can play them? Again, I purchased as a gift. and thought I was getting the codes emailed to me. I personally think they should add a check box for purchasing as a gift, that it emails you the codes in that case. Would make sense.

Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 9 (1,886 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Vampyr444 sorry to hear that you are having issues with your purchase.

Can I ask did you purchase the games using your account and follow the Origin gifting guidelines which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/send-and-receive-gifts-with-origin/

Or did you purchase them on your account with the plan to send the codes on? 

If you purchased the games on your account then the best thing to do is speak with one of our live support advisers who will be able to advise you further.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,830 Views)

★ Novice

Hello EA DarkoDarko , thanks for the reply. I was purchasing on my account. I'll be honest and didn't notice anything for gifting it .Since this is gonna be Xmas gifts. I had hoped to get the codes and print them and give to my daughter on Christmas day. I was hoping to avoid it being sent to her sooner than expected. Since I won't be home until 6pm sdt I wouldn't be able to call in sooner. 

If the live support is 24/7 then I'll give that a try later tonight.  

Message 3 of 9 (1,810 Views)

★ Novice

So I tried contacting EA through the chat, but only to get told I am screwed over. Not only can I Not gift the purchased expansions $97.53 totaltotal to my daughter, or cannot refund me ,but will o ly give me 15% off to repurchase the the expansions . This totals $180.43. I spent roughly 2 hours with Rep. Aman Deep only to be told I am screwed and lost $97.53. I will never buy any product from the EA site ever again .And on the verge of telling my daughter to no longer play the game as so we don't have to buy expansions any more so not to lose money again. So my next option is contacting BBB to file a formal complaint .

Message 4 of 9 (1,740 Views)

Community Manager

There is nothing we can do in regards this issues on AHQ.

If you are eligible for a refund then please read the Great Games Guarantee to see if it is possible: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

You can also speak with our live support again and explain the issue, a call can be easier and more immediate than a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,722 Views)

★ Novice

I don't see why this is such a problem for EA or Origins . This was suppose to be a gift. To select it as a gift wasn't as self explanatory to do so. When I made the purchase I assumed I'd get the product codes for tbe expansion packs. These code were to be given to my daughter for her as part of her Christmas gifts .

I don't play this game. I do not own the base game. But when I didn't get the codes . I asked how can I get this switched to be given to her. As per the link you had given it states that a refund is possible within 14 days if the game has jot been launched. I think you can see by my account this is true and the expansions are just sitting there. Originally I wasn't asking for a refund but merely to forward them as a gift as originally intended. I want a phone number incan call and talk to a person . An American person. Not overseas, not from India, I want a US office branch to speak with. I would like a phone number please. I need to get this resolved . A simple help is all I ask .It's not that hard . At this point EA or Origins have stolen my money unless they can make this right by allowing this on my daughters account. And I do not understand how Aman Deep can tell me it's not a Childs account. When she started playing the game she was under age of 13. Which required a parent approval or account linked or something. So any time a change was made to her game I was given notifications. I have not used these expansions and it is within 14 days after purchase. As noted in your terms . I need this resolved. If I were trying to scam, I don't think I would be wasting this much time. I want to speak to a manager herenin the states . I am just a father trying to make a Christmas gift happen. Simple. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,681 Views)

Community Manager

Depending on the country you live in @Vampyr444, at 13 an Origin child account can become an adult account. The is what the adviser may have been referring to.

The process to speak with a live support adviser is the same as chat, you just pick call back rather than chat.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (1,668 Views)

★ Novice

Thr situation has been resolved a couple of hours later after posting my last rant. I tried the customer service chat again and they were kindly able to help me . The 2 previous reps. However were not so kind and made me feel like the criminal.  Thank You Darko for your responses .

Message 8 of 9 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We had the same when my daughter received the same one from different family members. Was very much “oh well” - or I can go back to the retailer who can check if the codes been used. How would Amazon be able to tell if codes have been used on an ea platform. The advisors on the chat don’t know what they’re talking about.

Message 9 of 9 (223 Views)