Re: Sims 4 Complications after update

by kayleighre217

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Complications after update

★★★ Novice

i updated the sims 4, only because i have to or i can't play, after the update i started the game up, i created 2 new families, which i could save neither to my gallery, it worked fine up until i clicked play on my household, it just kept loading, for hours, so i tried something else since i couldn't get origin to respond. i went from maps to travel with a household member to a different location. that worked until i had to go from there back to my house and then all household members portraits showed up but they were missing and grayed out as if they weren't home, i can't even make them come home, it says they are already there. i tried to switch houses, same thing, i tried to switch worlds, same problem. i cannot load my household at their own house. i don't want to delete them since it won't let me save them to my gallery. help? am i the only one with these issues?

Message 1 of 10 (625 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

i actually fixed it, i took out all my mods and cc and it worked fine, i slowly put back all of it til i found the one that wouldn't work, a mod that didn't like the new patch. thanks for all your help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (579 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

kayleighre217 have you tried this step, right click on the game in Origin, select Game Properties, and tick disable Origin In Game.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 10 (616 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks, but it only partially worked, it now loads the household straight from the map but i still have invisible sims and graye dout portraits and i still can't save the families to my gallery.

Message 3 of 10 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You need to do this

-Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General
Now restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 10 (601 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok so i turned off the cloud, and i logged out of origin, i right clicked origin an ran it as an administrator( i am the only person on this computer) i logged in and played it with the same problem with invisible sims

Message 5 of 10 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Restart Origin and then run a repair on the game by right clicking the game tile in Origin client and selecting the Repair Game option.

what type of windows you have?

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 10 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have done that 3 times already with no luck and i have windows 7

Message 7 of 10 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 8 of 10 (581 Views)

★★★ Novice

well this was a brand new family, they had never even been to work or school yet, i haven't been able to play them in either world or any house of theirs. it can't be my mods or cc because i can play them at a neighbors house just not any they live in

Message 9 of 10 (574 Views)

★★★ Novice

i actually fixed it, i took out all my mods and cc and it worked fine, i slowly put back all of it til i found the one that wouldn't work, a mod that didn't like the new patch. thanks for all your help Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (580 Views)