Sims 4 City Living - Unable to Download or Install

by jessaliaa

Original Post

Re: TS4 City Living issues

EA Staff

@xo_shevanel What exactly is happening for you at the moment?Are there any error messages? Is Origin online? Is the download paused? 

Also could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client and then check if the same happens?

Let us know how it goes!

Message 61 of 82 (1,251 Views)

IF CAN'T DOWNLOAD CITY LIVING SIMS 4 ON MAC//**CANCEL AND PURCHASE AGAIN

★★★ Newbie

I HAD TO CANCEL THE PRE-ORDER AND PURCHASE IT AGAIN...DOWNLOAD WORKS NOW

Message 62 of 82 (1,264 Views)

Can't download the Sims 4: City Living

★★★ Newbie

I pre ordered the expansion pack and when I click on the orange button that says download all it says is preparing and will not actually download.  How do I get this to download?  I've already restarted my computer with a clean boot.

Message 63 of 82 (1,316 Views)

Re: Origin Stuck on Preparing won't download City Living

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello all,

If your Sims 4 City Living download is still stuck at "Preparing", please check your order history to make sure that your pre-order was fully processed. The order status should be 'Completed', if the status is anything else there may have been an issue with your payment.

If your order status is 'Complete' and you still have this issue, please let us know!

Thank you!

Message 64 of 82 (1,299 Views)

Re: Can't download the Sims 4: City Living

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you get the money back though?

Message 65 of 82 (1,280 Views)

Re: IF CAN'T DOWNLOAD CITY LIVING SIMS 4 ON MAC//**CANCEL AND PURCHASE AGAIN

★★★★★ Newbie

isnt that extra money?

Message 66 of 82 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can we cancel the order..Mine is saying processing too

Message 67 of 82 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here, therefore i closed origin and reopened it again, now i can't even find a way to continue installing ciy living. ORIGIN has so many bugs after the update, it took me two days, and closing the program for more than 10 times to finish installing the update of the base game. 

now i cant even start nor see the installation process of city living, and theres really no way to recieve help from origin/EA 

Message 68 of 82 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

We've identified three reasons as to why you are unable to download or install City living:

1. City Living was not yet released in your region - in certain cases players were able to download the game even though it wasn't out in their region. This would cause the download to become stuck. Now that the expansion is released for everyone this should no longer be an issue. You can clear the download cache for any remaining issues with your download.

2. Your pre-order was not yet processed - It is possible that you've tried to start your download before your order was completed. Please check your Order History and verify that your order is completed, as opposed to processing. If stuck on processing, cancel the pre-order and purchase the expansion again - if you cancel the order at this stage you will not have been charged. 

3. Your pre-order has failed - we are unable to restore a failed pre-order. Instead, create a new order for the expansion with an active and valid payment method to get back into the game. You will not have been charged for a failed pre-order.

Please do let me know if have any further questions.

Message 69 of 82 (4,124 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, uninstalling origin and installing it again fixed this issue for meThumbs up

Message 70 of 82 (1,192 Views)