Sims 4 City Living - Unable to Download or Install

by jessaliaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 City Living - Unable to Download or Install

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I pre-ordered The Sims 4 city living expansion pack and every time i go and click "download" an error message pops up and says "We're sorry, Orgin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection or try again later." I have tried a clean boot, repairing my game, uninstalling orgin and reinstalling it, i've checked my internet 5 times and reset my router and i've even tried signing out. I really don't know what to do at this point. It's been like this for twelve hours.

Please help.

Message 28 of 82 (5,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download the Sims 4: City Living

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

We've identified three reasons as to why you are unable to download or install City living:

1. City Living was not yet released in your region - in certain cases players were able to download the game even though it wasn't out in their region. This would cause the download to become stuck. Now that the expansion is released for everyone this should no longer be an issue. You can clear the download cache for any remaining issues with your download.

2. Your pre-order was not yet processed - It is possible that you've tried to start your download before your order was completed. Please check your Order History and verify that your order is completed, as opposed to processing. If stuck on processing, cancel the pre-order and purchase the expansion again - if you cancel the order at this stage you will not have been charged. 

3. Your pre-order has failed - we are unable to restore a failed pre-order. Instead, create a new order for the expansion with an active and valid payment method to get back into the game. You will not have been charged for a failed pre-order.

Please do let me know if have any further questions.

View in thread

Message 69 of 82 (4,075 Views)

All Replies

Won't let me download the sims 4 city living expansion..HELP

★ Novice
I pre ordered the sims 4 city living and when I went to download it on the day it was supposed to be released it wouldn't let me. It won't even give the choice to download it I have to "repair" my game just to see that option and when it does give me the option to add to my queue, it just gives me an error. Someone PLEASE help me!!
Message 1 of 82 (6,458 Views)

Re: Won't let me download the sims 4 city living expansion..HELP

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. It says it is unlocked.

Message 2 of 82 (6,383 Views)

Help loading Sims 4 City life

★★★ Newbie

Dear Origin,

I pre-ordered the Sims 4 City Life.

It was supposed to be ready to play today which

is Halloween.  Part of it loaded on my Sims 4, but

the part where I can play the City won\t download.

My Origin is up to date, and I restarted my computer

and it still has not loaded. Hope you can help.

Thx,

Debbie

Message 3 of 82 (5,348 Views)

Re: Help loading Sims 4 City life

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem :l

Message 4 of 82 (5,340 Views)

★ Novice

mine too sadly :l

Message 5 of 82 (6,258 Views)

★★ Novice

Stupid origin or EA help us

Message 6 of 82 (6,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried also no download button but product says unlocked..Maybe Midnight of the 31st you can download..

Message 7 of 82 (6,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

me to I cant download it.......

Message 8 of 82 (6,171 Views)

Re: Help loading Sims 4 City life

★★★ Novice

I am guessing we can not download the rest of City Life until mid night or later. I am in Texas so my Mid night might differ from other's. I do not work for E.A just trying to help.

Message 9 of 82 (5,304 Views)