Sims 3 "Needs Origin to be installed"

by ProphetFurby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 "Needs Origin to be installed"

★ Novice

I have Sims 3 installed through Origin and it won't start. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried repairing the game, I've tried running as an administrator, running the game offline/online and I've tried running it in compatibility mode. Nothing seems to work. 

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 "Needs Origin to be installed"

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ProphetFurby

Try this solution

bcanimus wrote:

This is a frustrating issue, but I suggest that before you spend hours un-installing re-installing and messing around with your registry and such try clearing the game cache files first.

1) Go into your main boot drive and go into the Users folder - find the folder matching your account name and go in.

2) Once inside go into: Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / DDCache

3) Delete missingdeps.idx

Then finally, cross your fingers, and try running the launcher after this.  Good luck!

More details here http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/sims-3-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for/...

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 "Needs Origin to be installed"

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ProphetFurby

Try this solution

bcanimus wrote:

This is a frustrating issue, but I suggest that before you spend hours un-installing re-installing and messing around with your registry and such try clearing the game cache files first.

1) Go into your main boot drive and go into the Users folder - find the folder matching your account name and go in.

2) Once inside go into: Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / DDCache

3) Delete missingdeps.idx

Then finally, cross your fingers, and try running the launcher after this.  Good luck!

More details here http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/sims-3-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for/...

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)