Re: Sims 3 download issue [Origin]

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 download issue [Origin]

★ Novice

Recently I purchased the Sims 3 Base game off of steam and, after realizing that it wouldnt be compatible with the EP's I bought from amazon, I uninstalled it from steam and attempted to install it on origin, it appears in my library but it doesnt download, I thought it might be my pc but I click the Sims 4 demo and it downloads fine so its not my internet either... The message that appears when I attempt to download it is "the network is having problems" and "the download server is not responding. Please give it a few moments and try again. If the problem persists, please contact origin help." I went to the help page and went on a live chat and was told to wait 24 hours and that people were looking in to it, hopefully the problem will be resolved, but from what I've been reading online its not likely and I will have to contact EA again... Who knows, maybe I will be pleasently surprised....

Message 1 of 10 (778 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

For anyone that had been experiencing the "The Network is having problems" error message, this issue should now be resolved.

Please log out of Origin and then log back in and you should now be able to download your games again.

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (641 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Alright the problem was fixed but I'll go ahead and leave this here for anyone having the same problem seeing as it was resolved on it's own and I had nothing to do with it.

Message 2 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★ Novice

what did you do to fix the problem

because for me the base game still won't download

Message 3 of 10 (714 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having same problem with the Movie Stuff Pack. Do you know how it resolved because I'm going on two days of this.

Message 4 of 10 (696 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem with the Sims 3 Movie Stuff and I would like to know a fix!!! It has been going on for about a week now and is terribly frustrating! Origin needs to get this fixed asap!

Message 5 of 10 (655 Views)

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

For anyone that had been experiencing the "The Network is having problems" error message, this issue should now be resolved.

Please log out of Origin and then log back in and you should now be able to download your games again.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 6 of 10 (642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I just got the sims 3 game and looked and got it through origin and its in my game library , but i hover over it and the play button is faded and i am unable to play the game so is origin under maintenance , or my internet cause internet is out and i have my hot spot or is it my PC is it a graphic issue i have windows 10 so could that be a problem i just need to know thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (478 Views)

Community Manager

@Lady_Donut17 Hi,

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now? Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 10 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello it is me again i have been busy for the past couple of days and i have not been able to try out the sim problem today I have and I am still having a lot of issues I read the email, but the thing is i am under administrator so i'm highly confused why this game is still not working can you explain what to do with this game. Thank you so very much.

Message 9 of 10 (430 Views)

Community Manager

@Lady_Donut17 Hi,

What happens when you try to right-click the Sims 3 tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game"?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 10 (420 Views)