Sims 3 Expansion Packs and Origin question.

by Sabriajin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Expansion Packs and Origin question.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have been playing Sims for a while now, and when Sims 3 came out, we bought one CD. But, my sister liked the Sims too, so we installed the game on both of our computers. We had no idea Origin existed. So, we did this expansion after expansion. So then, when my sister found out about Origin, I told her I wasn't really good with online game stores, ( I was just getting use to Steam at the moment) so she decided she would put them on her Origin account just in case anything happened to them, and if I needed them, I would log in with her account. Well, now she has moved out, I have most of the CDs, and I made my own Origin account because I have recently discovered that I am an achievement hunter and I crave for more badges and whatnot. (and you know.. So I can keep my games on hand.) Well, I can't put any of the CD codes into my account because, well, she has them on hers. I wasn't really bothered about this until my grandpa gave me his Sims 3 CD because he fancied the first sims more. So, I put that code into my Origin account, and it worked. But, what happens if I buy, like, Showtime; would it work? Would I be able to put it into my game without having to re buy my other expansions?

Sorry if this sounds naive, but I really don't want to waste my money on something I can't play. I'm just making 100% sure.

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs and Origin question.

Community Manager

@Sabriajin Hi,

If you want to play the Sims 3 and the expansions your sister has you will need to use the account that they were originally registered with.

While you could technically have them installed on two different computers (e.g. yours and your sisters), you would not be able to play them at the same time, as an account can only be logged in from one PC at a time.

So if you want to play at the same time as your sister does, you would need to re-purchase all the expansions you do want to play. Or you could just play with the base game from your grandfather, that you had just registered.

Let me know if that clarifies it or whether you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Sabriajin Hi,

If you want to play the Sims 3 and the expansions your sister has you will need to use the account that they were originally registered with.

While you could technically have them installed on two different computers (e.g. yours and your sisters), you would not be able to play them at the same time, as an account can only be logged in from one PC at a time.

So if you want to play at the same time as your sister does, you would need to re-purchase all the expansions you do want to play. Or you could just play with the base game from your grandfather, that you had just registered.

Let me know if that clarifies it or whether you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (276 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, darn. I guess I have to go and accept Gamestop's ridiculous prices. Disappointed Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Sabriajin You are welcome.

You may also want to keep an eye on our Origin Store here: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/

Sometimes we will run sales and you might get the expansion packs cheaper than from Gamestop if you don't mind just getting the game from a digital download opposed to a physical copy with a DVD.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)