Re: SimCity Societies downloading issue

by EA_David

Original Post

SimCity Societies downloading issue

Hero

So, recently I have decided to register SimCity Societies and Destinations expansion, and I contacted EA Help to have them register my codes. But, when they registered it, I got SIMCITY SOCIETIES Origin Retrofit and SIMCITY SOCIETIES DESTINATIONS Origin Retrofit. Both of those cannot be downloaded, as apparently, they aren't yet released. Is anyone else having this problem, and will it be fixed?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 9 (670 Views)

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 9 (657 Views)

Hero

I've done that twice, and they provided me new codes for both games. However, same issue repeats with every code, and they cannot find the one that will register an actual game.

Message 3 of 9 (651 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, they should have helped with the unreleased issue.

What region are you in? Do you use a VPN or proxy?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (647 Views)

Hero

They couldn't find a working code, and they said that game was not released in my region. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Message 5 of 9 (643 Views)

Hero

Does anyone know how to solve this? 

Message 6 of 9 (587 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know how to solve the issue, but when I did the same thing, I got SIMCITY SOCIETIES DESTINATIONS Origin Retrofit, along with sim city societies, and sim city societies: destinations. The last two match the version. I have that came in my SimCity box My only issue is that it uses the same installers that the disc version uses, and is not updated. when I clicked update in the games launcher, I got a 404 error in the browser window that opened up. EA shut down the site for the games updates. even the links on another EA site that were supposedly supposed to bring me to the games site are broken.

where do I get the US patches for the game. I know at least four patches were released and are not included with the downloaded files.

version downloaded by origin 10: 1.00

highest patch version : 1.04.243

I don't know what this retrofit version is. is it an unreleased version?

Message 7 of 9 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Apparently, I may have goofed in my last post. I found the original EA patch site for sim city Societies and sim city Societies: destinations thanks to archive.org. there was not other way of finding out this info, because I could not find it posted elsewhere. also the original site was taken down by EA quite a while ago now. but the information I found is this: If you have both the game and its expansion (destinations), then you do not need the patches. according to the site, the patches are included as part of the destinations install process. but if you only have the base game, then you need all the patches, which are not included in the origin version

Message 8 of 9 (500 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you find the solution of this problem? I also have this problem.

Message 9 of 9 (471 Views)