Shift 2 from Steam to Origin.

by AStent64

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shift 2 from Steam to Origin.

★ Novice

I bought Shift 2 on Steam a while ago. Originally it ran really slowly so I did not play it much. Now it crashes as soon as I try to start a race. I have heard that this game runs much better through Origin so I tried to dowmload again, but Origin tells me that my key has already been used so will not let me download again. I certainly don't want to pay for it again, particularly as this is only an experiment to see whether it will run. Is there a way of changing a game from Steam to Origin?

Message 1 of 9 (1,198 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shift 2 from Steam to Origin.

Community Manager
In this case, you could try requesting a refund from Steam, explaining that the game does not run.
Once you have received a refund, you can then purchase the game from the Origin store.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,202 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Once the game code has been redeemed it cannot be moved from Steam to Origin.

Message 2 of 9 (1,174 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Unfortunately this is an excellent reason not to buy digital versions of games. I will just have to try to get my Steam version working, somehow.

Message 3 of 9 (1,168 Views)

Community Manager
In this case, you could try requesting a refund from Steam, explaining that the game does not run.
Once you have received a refund, you can then purchase the game from the Origin store.
Message 4 of 9 (1,203 Views)

★ Novice

That seems the best option. Thanks.

Message 5 of 9 (1,161 Views)

Community Manager
You are welcome. Standard smile
Message 6 of 9 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is this an EA issue or Steam?  

Is there no fix?  Seriously your engineers don't know about this and don't have a solution or at least an explanation?

Looking for a little help before demanding my money back.

Message 7 of 9 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My STEAM  version runs but cannot save... very annoying

Was there ever a solve on this?

Message 8 of 9 (807 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Wirthmo I'm locking this thread as the last response was half a decade ago.

The best thing to do is to create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will dow hat we can to help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (785 Views)