Setting for Bandwidth Cap on Downloads

by DrunkestNarwhal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Setting for Bandwidth Cap on Downloads

★★★ Newbie

Hey I see that this has been posted before but Origin doesn't have a bandwidth cap for downloads. I know that not everyone needs it but some of us do. Currently Origin is pulling 2/3 of my available bandwidth (if its a good day, 9/10 if its an average day). I think it would be a very helpful setting because it is currently the only download client that I have without it and I don't want to install another program just to keep it from taking all my bandwidth. 

If you agree please chime in with how annoying your ISP is. I argue with mine monthly about slowing me down and they complain about the huge game files that I download (Arkham Knight is currently 35.5 GB for a fresh copy).

Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Setting for Bandwidth Cap on Downloads

Community Manager

@DrunkestNarwhal Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, as you mentioned others have also brought this up in the past.

I will pass it on to the team once more, hopefully they will be able to consider it for implementation in the future.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

All Replies

Re: Setting for Bandwidth Cap on Downloads

Community Manager

@DrunkestNarwhal Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, as you mentioned others have also brought this up in the past.

I will pass it on to the team once more, hopefully they will be able to consider it for implementation in the future.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)