Re: Server error 500!

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Server error 500!

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I can't seem to contact EA Help.

When I try to visit 'My cases' (or try to contact EA Help (contact us, etc.)), I get this this server error with the name 500. For some reason I can visit the main page, but as soon I want to contact the help desk, I get this error. I have already tried to clean my cache, power cycle my router, make a throwaway account (to see if it's an account issue), but all with no succes. Disabling Ad-Blocker, doesn't work either.

This has been going on for months, but the strange thing about it is that it does work on my friend's laptop? I really don't know what's wrong, but I might have a few case numbers from my previous cases if that helps?

Please help me, thank you.

~ Homer

- Here's a photo (document) of the error. Note: It's all in Dutch, but I translated it.

Message 1 of 6 (3,427 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Homer_Simpsonsis

This has something to do with the internet settings on your system. Resetting them should do the trick:

Should you still have the need to call us then you can reach the Dutch line via +31 20 80 83 219 for NL or +32 2 808 45 90 for BE.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,616 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Homer_Simpsonsis

This has something to do with the internet settings on your system. Resetting them should do the trick:

Should you still have the need to call us then you can reach the Dutch line via +31 20 80 83 219 for NL or +32 2 808 45 90 for BE.

Message 2 of 6 (3,617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom,  

I'm using Google Chrome (with Windows 10), not Internet Explorer.

~Homer

Message 3 of 6 (3,396 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Homer_Simpsonsis

That step still applies if you don't use Internet Explorer as the step refers to system settings as opposed to browser settings.

Lastly, did you manage to get this resolved? 

Message 4 of 6 (3,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply.

I had to send my laptop to the manufacturer, as my computer died out of nowhere.

Turns out, a few weeks later after I got my laptop back, I opened the EA Help website.

Tried to see if the website is working. And it did. I still have no idea why it didn't work after all those months.

Before my laptop died, I tried your suggestions and they did work, a part of it atleast. I got access to the first steps of EA Help, but then I got kicked out again.

Thank you for your help.

~ Homer

Message 5 of 6 (3,278 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Homer_Simpsonsis

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me Standard smile

I guess it will remain somewhat of a mystery as to the cause of the website issues. Perhaps it was a setting on your system, or maybe even a virus..

I'm glad to hear though that everything is working now!

Have a lovely Sunday,

Message 6 of 6 (3,262 Views)