Seriously, does Origin actually work in China or not?

by fjb792

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seriously, does Origin actually work in China or not?

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, does Origin actually work in China? I just want a straight up answer here, because I have scoured the web, and have found next to nothing about it. Does it work in China or not? No links to press, please. I JUST WANT AN ANSWER! I'm living and working in China right now, and the connectivity to the Origin is terrible. I want to purchase the Sims 4, but how can buy it if Origin doesn't work here? For that matter, how can any Chinese person by any EA game without Origin? Real answers please, no links. Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (9,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seriously, does Origin actually work in China or not?

Community Manager

@fjb792 Hi,

As requested, I will keep it brief. At this time the Origin Store is not available in China.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (10,399 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@fjb792 Hi,

As requested, I will keep it brief. At this time the Origin Store is not available in China.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 13 (10,400 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If it's not available in China, then I guess no one in China can download any EA games, including The Sims 4? Aren't you missing out on a lot of money? How can Chinese people get any EA games if they need Origin to download them?

Message 3 of 13 (9,446 Views)

Community Manager

@fjb792 They cannot get these game from Origin at this time.

That said, we are always reviewing how to bring our games to fellow gamers across the globe.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 13 (9,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You can download EA games in China through EA Hong Kong servers. If you have credit card, you can buy games from Origin US store or Hong Kong store. 

The download speed will be slow but it certainly works, VPN is recommended.  EA support won't tell you truth because it's all in grey zone.

Personal experience.

Message 5 of 13 (9,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I successfully purchased the Sims 4 in China. I downloaded Origin too and last year I didn't need to connect it to VPN until today. That's why I stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for answers too. Now I think I know. I wonder how I got connected to the game last year. I even purchased Get to Work and there was no problem. Then these updates happened and now I could not connect to the Sims 4 without VPN. I am downloading as I type and it is sooo slow. I think I have 8h of download time indicated in the game. 

Message 6 of 13 (6,086 Views)

★ Guide
You could try contacting support, this question was last answered in 2016. Then again... China is China.
Message 7 of 13 (6,072 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @RaineReigns.

For more information relating to your issue please contact our live support who will advise you as best they can: https://help.ea.com/hk/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (6,066 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe Origin wasn't blocked in your area by the GFW until it became popular there. Yes, it's scary, but that firewall has the technology to block websites that have increasing popularity in a province.

Message 9 of 13 (5,623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, now it's 2019 September, is your issue solved by the support?

Can you play games on Origin in China as normal (without the need of VPN)?

Appreciate your answer, thanks!

Message 10 of 13 (5,123 Views)