Seriously Slow Download Speed

by sdaniel0319

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seriously Slow Download Speed

★★★ Newbie

I have a serious problem with slow download speeds on Origin.  I have fiber with a maximum of 1gbps, and generally see about 30-50 mbps on Steam.  I can't even get to 5 on Origin.  It's usually downloading at 150 kbps or so.  I've turned my antivirus off and tried safe download.  It's not my network, because I don't have this problem anywhere else.  There's no reason why this should be a problem.   You need to fix your servers, something's definitely wrong.

Message 1 of 10 (4,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seriously Slow Download Speed

Community Manager

@93123126@sdaniel0319

Can you both try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (4,426 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
I have a similar problem. For example, my expansion packs for the Sims 4 weren't working so I'm currently uninstalling then reinstalling the entire game. I've been installing it for roughly 4 hours and it's at 14%, downloading at a rate of roughly 600 kb/s, however it has gone much lower in the last four hours.
Message 2 of 10 (4,441 Views)

Community Manager

@93123126@sdaniel0319

Can you both try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (4,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im not seeing any safe mode downloading option (origin Version 10.5.25.7131 - 0)

Im not running AV, and all required ports/firewall settings should allow origin to pass

@EA_Darko steam, uplay, xbox app, battlenet all other gaming platforms have no problem downloading games at a normal speed

Message 4 of 10 (4,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dude, you sound like a broken record... 

origin's servers are choking or do not have enough bandwidth... 

ESCALATE to the NW Infrastructure team and quit wasting all of our time pasting the same ridiculous workaround that doesn't work.

Message 5 of 10 (3,976 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello helpers of EA i have an idea.Give us actually good replies and not copy pasted answers or fix your servers.

Message 6 of 10 (3,579 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Will you send us a good reply because everyone did your steps but you cant see that your servers are broken.Do something about it and dont copy paste answers from other threads.
Message 7 of 10 (3,577 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have an actual issue you want help with @Madmagic2005

If so you are going to need to let us know what the issue is as without any information there is not much we can do to help you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (3,574 Views)

★ Novice

huh, idk, maybe the name of this thread?

Message 9 of 10 (2,925 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jetso2000, please do not bump older threads such as this.

I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,871 Views)