Security Code Text Spams

by BornOfAres

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Security Code Text Spams

★★★ Newbie

I have been receiving Security Code messages for the past few months and it hasn't stop even after I changed my password.

I am inclined to believe there is someone trying to spam log in to EA accounts or at least my account through bots. 

Has anyone got the same problem?

These text messages comes in english and even russian? Can EA fix this or can I even do anything about it?

Message 1 of 2 (292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Security Code Text Spams

Community Manager

@BornOfAres 

If you're getting security code messages that implies someone knows your email address and password since they are getting to the next stage of the login process. We strongly advise running virus scans on all your devices and update your passwords for the email address and EA account.

If you have any concerns around the security of your account please reach out to our EA advisors at Help.EA.com so they can pull up your account and answer any questions you have. We have some extra steps below that can help improve account security which are worth a look. 

How to maintain account security

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)

All Replies

Re: Security Code Text Spams

Community Manager

@BornOfAres 

If you're getting security code messages that implies someone knows your email address and password since they are getting to the next stage of the login process. We strongly advise running virus scans on all your devices and update your passwords for the email address and EA account.

If you have any concerns around the security of your account please reach out to our EA advisors at Help.EA.com so they can pull up your account and answer any questions you have. We have some extra steps below that can help improve account security which are worth a look. 

How to maintain account security

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (259 Views)