Re: Screensaver and Shutdown

by chrisinhotwater

Original Post

Screensaver

★★★ Newbie

I don't see any posts detailing my problem, so I'll give this a go.  

I had this issue playing R:KoA through Origin before, and now with DA:I it's happening again.  For whatever reason, my screensaver doesn't come on after exiting an Origin game.  After playing, I have to manually turn the screensaver back on.  Anyone else have this issue?  It's only when I play on Origin, disc based games, Steam games have no issues.  It's only when Origin comes into play.  

Message 1 of 6 (452 Views)

Re: Screensaver

EA Staff

This seems like a bug alright! Could you please run the Origin Error Report and post the reports ID (you can run the report from Origin client Help - Origin Error Report or from the Origin installation directory by running the OriginER.exe).

Could you try if the issue occurs after playing fullscreen or in fullscreen windowed mode?

Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Error report ID  084aa0457000e6fd

Message 3 of 6 (419 Views)

Community Manager

@chrisinhotwater Hi,

Could you try explain your symptoms? What exactly do you experience on your screen and what exactly are you trying to do?

Thanks for taking the time to clarify in advance.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 6 (414 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem with Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighbourville.

After I exit the game, screensaver will no longer work, and the ONLY way I've found to fix it so far, is to reboot.

Running powercfg /requests shows no processes are holding things up, and exiting either origin or the ea app completely don't help either. 

It's super annoying :\ 

Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @welbot please do not bumpnolder threads such as this as it can be considered spam.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (270 Views)