Screensaver won't come up after exiting Origin game

by BS_Run4yalife

Original Post

Screensaver won't come up after exiting Origin game

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

there has been a threat about this before, but it seems like it has unfortunately not been further investigated,

and also seems quite out of date.

My screensaver (win7 - 64 bit) won't automatically come up like it is supposed to after exiting an Origin game,

Battlefield 1 to be exact.

However, having Origin running _without_ a prior BF1 launch will bring up the screensaver. As soon as the game

has been launched once, the screensaver will not come up anymore.

Maybe anybody has a fix for this already, or is willing to look into this issue.

Many thanks, see ya on the battlefield

Run

Message 1 of 23 (3,014 Views)

Re: Screensaver won't come up after exiting Origin game

Community Manager

@BS_Run4yalife

Can you let us know if closing all Origin related tasks via Windows Task Manager allows your sceensaver to activate please.

Access Task Manager via Ctrl+Shift+Esc

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 23 (2,969 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply @EA_Barry

Killing all Origin related tasks (Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService in my case) doesn't work,

screensaver still won't activate.

Of course this isn't like a BIG issue, but it's interesting how a single BF launch prevents the screensaver from 

activating, even after closing Origin. I am starting to belive this has do to with the GPU, or the GPU driver.

As far as my computing skills allow me to (not THAT far unfortunately) i am going to fiddle around with that a bit.

I'll post any progress or solution here.

Cheers

Run

Message 3 of 23 (2,952 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BS_Run4yalife

Sorry to jump in here! But could you clarify what you mean with screensaver?

Message 4 of 23 (2,942 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 it is the standard screensaver on windows 7 pro 64 bit. 

Message 5 of 23 (2,926 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BS_Run4yalife

I'm not aware of any functions in Origin or Battlefield that block your screensaver from starting.

Perhaps try checking your Windows screensaver settings, or if another program might be causing this?

Message 6 of 23 (2,905 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. My screensaver will not start after i have played battlefront 2. I can go into settings and reset the time for it to start, and it will work again, but after running battlefront 2, the screensaver will not start.

This is totally caused buy origin, not any other software. Maybe something to do with the screen overlay ( has caused problems with other things in the past ).

Same operating system win7 x64.

I feel as though you are being a bit dismissive about this. There are plenty of functions in both origin and Battlefield or battlefront that will make the screensaver not start. When the game is operating, the software tells the PC not to turn on the screensaver because a game is running. Maybe an extension of this command keeps running in the background. It would be silly , and is silly to have to end all processes every time I leave a game. Or to have to go and reset my screensaver after every game.

Message 7 of 23 (2,788 Views)

★★ Novice
me to have the same problem with windows 10
Message 8 of 23 (2,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm experiencing this now, as well. This sort of thing also seems to occur with Rockstar games. The only way I can get my screensaver to come back on is it go into screensaver settings and make a quick change, like plus or minus a minute before it comes on, or switch back and forth to a different screensaver--anything to make the Windows 'Apply' button become visible--then hit 'Apply.' It's back to normal after that, but, of course, the screen saver is disabled again after I play the game again. It's rather annoying.
Message 9 of 23 (2,676 Views)

Community Manager

@SinghaLion@Backslashinforth

As posted above by @B4stardSmacker, it might be worthwhile turning off Origin in-game to see if that is what is causing the issue.

Let us know here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 10 of 23 (2,660 Views)