Re: Schedule Downloads : Origin vs Steam

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Schedule Downloads : Origin vs Steam

★★ Novice

Why can I schedule downloads in Steam but not in Origin?

I think Origin is quite lazy and should at least try to compete with the competition.

Come on guys, how hard could that be?

Message 1 of 11 (2,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Donnerweer Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass this on to the Origin team for consideration in future client updates.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,633 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Donnerweer Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass this on to the Origin team for consideration in future client updates.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 11 (2,634 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Nils 

Thank you for the response.

Please keep us up to date with any developments.

Regards

Ewald

Message 3 of 11 (2,621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is pretty much the most ridiculous thing EA/Origin has done. I've gone back and seen people screaming for this feature from as early as 2012. What is the REAL reason you won't add this feature in? There is no reason I should have to try and figure out why my Internet TV has gone to shiz by looking at every PC with Origin loaded, trying to figure out who in the house has a game that just had an update. There is also no reason why I should have to create a scheduled task to do something that can be easily enabled via an intuitive menu.

Are you guys trying to compete with Steam, or are you not??

Message 4 of 11 (2,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, it looks like the Origin team have chosen to ignore this perfectly reasonable suggestion for a couple of years now! Glad I usually use Steam, with it's download scheduler.

Message 5 of 11 (1,920 Views)

★★ Novice

Its almost 3 years now. What is going on???

Message 6 of 11 (1,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is it really that hard to add schedule downloads to Origin or IS EA downright saying
[Removed by CM]

Message 7 of 11 (1,312 Views)

Community Manager

If you have feedback that you would like to share with us @RagingSawrus then please do so in a polite manner. We welcome all feedback, good or bad but ask that it be constructive and on point.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice

I do wanna apologize for my usage of that language, but please try to understand that this question of schedule downloads on Origin has been here for 3 years now, which is causing a lot of frustration to us users who have been patiently waiting for a response...

Look I know that there is no schedule downloads option currently on Origin, what I don't know is why isn't there or is it going to be introduced in a future update. Maybe there is a clear answer, but someone forgot to post it and it has not been looked at ever since.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated to put this old question to rest.

Message 9 of 11 (1,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I love how you get a reply from them for bad language, but not actually for the topic at hand.

At this point, it's 2019. I think it's safe to say they aren't going to do this. Their developers are either lazy, or dumb (or both).

Message 10 of 11 (1,259 Views)