Says my credentials are expired

by 75438976

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Says my credentials are expired

★★★ Novice

I can’t play apex or madden on the Xbox all of a sudden because “my credentials are expired” which happened randomly but when I change my password it still doesn’t work I’ve contacted ea help 6 times and they’ve basically gotten me to the conclusion that my account isn’t even the one set to my gamer tag but there’s no way to disconnect it without knowing which account is linked and I can’t find out which account is linked and they said it’s not hacked so I don’t know what to do

Message 1 of 10 (1,088 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Says my credentials are expired

Community Manager

Hey @75438976 

If you are still getting messages like "your ea account is invalid..." or "your ea account is disabled" you will need to try resetting your EA Account password with the email on your EA Account. If this does not work you will need to get in contact with an EA Advisor for them to further look at your account.  

Reset Password: 

• Go to help.ea.com 
  • Click sign in, top right 
  • Select forgot password 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,065 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @75438976 

If you are still getting messages like "your ea account is invalid..." or "your ea account is disabled" you will need to try resetting your EA Account password with the email on your EA Account. If this does not work you will need to get in contact with an EA Advisor for them to further look at your account.  

Reset Password: 

• Go to help.ea.com 
  • Click sign in, top right 
  • Select forgot password 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 10 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have reset my password 5 times and it still doesn’t work 

Message 3 of 10 (1,055 Views)

Community Manager

@75438976 If resetting your PW does not work you will need to get in contact with an EA Advisor for them to further look at your account

Illium.png

Message 4 of 10 (990 Views)

★★★ Novice

They have been of no help

Message 5 of 10 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

the solution to everything is contact an EA advisor. even though they don't help lol.

Message 6 of 10 (796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Similar issue logging into NHL 21. I got a random "credentials out of date" error so tried many things including talking to an advisor (twice). Both advisors basically said my gamertag (xbox) is linked with an EA account but they wouldn't tell me what email. I had guessed it was an old hotmail email that I once had to switch on my xbox live account as well because it became inactive (very old and the domain no longer exists). 

The advisor did what his script tells him and he said to provide the 6-digit code sent to some email. Jokes on you "Renu" that email doesn't even exist!!!

He says ok no problem I'll ask a series of questions. Some normal like phone number, last four digits of credit card, address etc. The first question was whether i've ever set up a Madden ultimate or Fifa ultimate team... you kidding me? Maybe, yes, no I have no clue that's a dumb question. 

Had to even provide last two purchases on the card 1) EA access in march and 2) EA access in February. 

The response from "Renu" was that he could not verify my account with that information and to think harder for the right information. I should really use that strategy next time I forget something (just kidding that's ridiculous). Despite my pleas for help including begging them to elevate the case issue I've created and they said if I cannot remember the answer to the 7 holy questions I was out of luck. What does this mean you ask? Well it means I can no longer play any one of the 20 EA games I have on my hard drive. 

When asked what my recourse was I was told to get the "correct" information and try to open another issue ticket. Greaaaaat support EA. They make it harder than accessing a bank account. 

So right now I have full access to my xbox gamertag and able to login to that account easily but am barred from playing games. They would not remove the linked gamertag to the account either because again, I'm not verified. 

IF anyone can help or suggest alternatives to cancelling my gamertag and creating a completely new one I'm all ears. i've spent hours troubleshooting in this forum and with advisors and even the advisors admit they cannot do anything. 

Message 7 of 10 (718 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SAINTaubin55, please do not post about the same issue on multiple threads as this is considered spamming.

If you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then I am sorry to say that our team will not be able to assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko  I wouldn't spam if I could find anyone to help with the issue. So there is no backup to recover an account? this is ludicrous. How do I play EA games then? Do any of you have a semblance of logic to see that this is absolutely insane that I cannot play any EA game because my gamertag is linked to a locked out account? 

What do you suggest I do? How do I get refunded all of my games that are no longer playable? 

Message 9 of 10 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry to say @SAINTaubin55, but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to assist you in making any changes to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (625 Views)