[SOLUTION] Problem Linking/Installing Games Through Gamepass w/ Existing Account

by DrMeatCack

Original Post

Highlighted

[SOLUTION] Problem Linking/Installing Games Through Gamepass w/ Existing Account

★★★★★ Newbie

[Rant and scenario] When I first tried installing an EA game through Gamepass for PC, EA automatically links it to some random new EA account instead of letting me log in to my own EA account that I already own games on. I think there's supposed to be a pop-up window to let you log in to your account or something, but it never showed up for me. Even if I was logged in to my own EA account on EA Play, when I would click install on any EA game in Gamepass, I would see a brief EA Play window open and then close instantly, and the install would error out ( Error 0xa3e903ed ). I tried talking to EA Help and they told me there was another account linked to my already existing Gamertag, but were otherwise useless in helping me figure out how to unlink this unknown account, in fact I was basically forced to give them a bunch of personal information (IP address, last 4 digits of credit cards, phone number, address, last two game purchases month and year) for the sake of verifying 'something', God knows what they're gonna do with that information. Later I found out that this random account was auto-created when I first launched EA Play, and it didn't even have a username or anything else attached to it, and I had absolutely no clue what the email connected to the account was (I've only ever used three or so emails in my life). Anyway the following instructions were given to me by a Microsoft employee who was infinitely more helpful to me than EA Help was.

[Instructions]

Open the EA Desktop App and login

Click "Find Friends"

Click the "Import Friends" tab

Select the xbox link

Add in your details

If you get an error about your Microsoft account already being linked, go to step 7. If you successfully link your account, go to step 17

Go to https://help.ea.com/en/

If logged in, logout

Go to login screen

Click the button "xbox live" under "Sign in using your account"

Click My account -> Change or Recover Password.

Note: Steps 13/14 are not strictly necessary. However I still recommend you do them if you can so that you can retain access to this account if something goes wrong.

Make sure that the email associated with this account is one that you can access (you cannot use the email of your "correct" origin account).

If you do not know the password to this account, go to origin (logout if necessary), go to login, enter the email on this account and click forgot your password. Go through the password reset process process and change the PW to something you know

(In the customer portal: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/connectaccounts/index), go to Connections. You should see your linked XBOX live account. Unlink it

Repeat steps 1-5 (using you main/correct EA account)

You should no longer get the error and should now have linked your xbox account.

Restart the EA Desktop App

You should now be able to download and install games

Message 1 of 1 (307 Views)