Do you get the same error message or what is happening for you? Standard smile

Message 21 of 30 (2,495 Views)

Re: SIMS4: origin not running

★★ Novice

what exactly is going on in point 1?

Message 22 of 30 (2,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem with a new install of Sim4  - it's April 2018 - THREE YEARS after the issue first reported here.  What gives?

Message 23 of 30 (2,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just repair the game. It worked for me. It only takes like 5-10 minutes to repair. After that, you should be good to go!

Message 24 of 30 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

if anyone else is still having this issue, something i did was turn firewall protection off on webroot (an antivirus application), and it worked just fine afterward

Message 25 of 30 (1,654 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work for me, Broken heart

Message 26 of 30 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked perfectly than you 

Message 27 of 30 (1,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bogget1992 everyday I'm having different problems with sims4 and not any of my other games and I have no idea why
Message 28 of 30 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AmeSylph Didn't work for me, any other ways?
Message 29 of 30 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Man this issue has persisted for years... EA wonders why people hate Origin, all I want to do is play a game I bought and I have to fight with DRM. 

I have uninstalled Origin, cleaned the registry reinstalled with admin rights, repaired the install, renamed the directory, all several times. It worked on one reboot, then the next day back to telling me Origin is not running, even though it clearly was. 

There must be some particular issue that causes the game to look for Origin, yet not be able to find it. Why can EA not tell us exactly what the issue is?

Message 30 of 30 (466 Views)