SIMS 4/ORIGIN NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS 10?!

by CheonsaBee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4/ORIGIN NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS 10?!

★★ Novice

okay so ive been trying to play sims 4 for a while now and every time i try to run it there is always a little popup that says something like "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

TRIED BEFORE AND DIDN'T WORK-

-reinstalling origin 

-reinstalling sims 4

-installing C++ files

-deleting all origin files 

pls need help im trying to play my sims 4 and im not really good with computers and files and names so please if u could be as specific as possible thank you guys so much xx Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (3,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4/ORIGIN NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS 10?!

EA DICE Team

@CheonsaBee

Please download the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 package from the Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 version. Once that is done you can restart your computer.

That should do the trick. But do let me know if you have any further questions.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,988 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@CheonsaBee

Please download the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 package from the Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 version. Once that is done you can restart your computer.

That should do the trick. But do let me know if you have any further questions.

Message 2 of 10 (3,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble with sims4.  It was playing fine on windows 8 and then the system upgraded to windows 10 and I keep getting an error that says bad image.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated my drivers. I also downloaded the Microsoft Visual Studio package.    It still is giving me the same error message.   HELP  please.  The computer is brand new.  Just bought 3 days ago.  It is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Icore 7.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 10 (2,955 Views)

Community Manager

@river0630 

This issue can be caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,931 Views)

★★★ Novice

this happend to me and i still cannot fix it AHHHHHHHHH

Message 5 of 10 (2,444 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DweebCartoons did you try the steps I posted above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko
Hey! I'm currently having the same problem. Every time I download origin it says VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing.
I have tried uninstalling the C++ and reinstalling both the x64 and x86 but it hasnt fixed the issue!
Message 7 of 10 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @moniquebentham that error points to an issue with your VC++ install, can you ensure that you install both and if you have try repairing them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem I did everything you said and it still is giving me the same error windowsststem32msvcp140.dill is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.. please help ty!

Message 9 of 10 (1,093 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Origin, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (1,075 Views)