Re: SIMS 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

SIMS 3

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to use my Sims 3 Hidden Springs disc but it will not work without activating, despite me activating this quite some time ago.  I have tried activating it again and understandably, it states that the code is already used, but the game isn't in my library.  Can you advise what I need to do please as I have exhausted all other resources at present?

Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]

@leasarjantson  Hidden Springs, like all standalone worlds, needs to be downloaded from the Sims 3 Store, not Origin; installing via disc often doesn't work either.  It's not going to be listed as owned in your Origin library, either, but it should show as owned on your store page.  You can download it from your store purchase history, or you can use its product page:

https://store.thesims3.com/hiddenSprings.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

Just make sure to sign in with the same account credentials you used when you first registered the world.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Many thanks for coming back to me.  Is it me or is the Sims 3 website not working (either your link or the Sims 3 store as a whole)?  Could this be why nothing is working?

Message 3 of 5 (378 Views)

@leasarjantson  The store isn't working properly for me either, although it was fine when I checked last night.  I did manage to login, and I can also load the Hidden Springs page, but I can't bring up the page while logged in, much less download.  I'm not sure what's up with the store, but these things usually get sorted out in a few days at most.

I tried the other methods of accesing the store, and they didn't work either, so it doesn't seem like there's anything players can do right now.  I don't think this was the original issue, or at least the store was cooperating for me when you first posted.  But you'll need to wait for EA to fix this.  I flagged it—thanks for letting me know it wasn't working for you—and I'll post back here when it looks like the store is operational again.

Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)

@leasarjantson  I just downloaded Hidden Springs onto my Mac, using Firefox, without any trouble.  Try it again now, and if it doesn't work, wait an hour or two and try again.  It seems like the store is working intermittently for at least some people.

Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)