SIMS 3 SUPER SLOW

by elliewil24

Original Post

SIMS 3 SUPER SLOW

★★ Newbie

I downloaded the Sims 3 Starter pack yesterday which has the base game, high end stuff and late night - I think. I haven't even thought about downloading any form of CC, haven't any other expansion packs and just got the laptop last week so it is full of memory. Why is it so slow??? Can I fix it?

Any help would be great cause I'm getting more frustration than joy out of the game at the minute. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 SUPER SLOW

Community Manager

What do you mean by slow? Is the framerate low? Have you updated your drivers?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, there could be multiple reasons for that, from your graphics driver being outdated to faulty caches.

FIRST FIX:  From the moment you download The Sims, even the base game, the file that the game is located in is loaded with a bunch of caches, some of which may be faulty. To fix this, try deleting some content in the Sims 3 file with the last part 'CACHE'  To navigate to the Sims 3 file, go to the search bar in the top right of file explorer, type 'Electronic Arts', and double click on it. From there, go to 'The Sims 3', and double click on that as well. Scroll down until you see files with the end labeled 'CACHE', and delete it.

{PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME CACHES ARE IMPORTANT, READ THE BEGINNING PART OF THE NAME BEFORE DELETING}

SECOND FIX: In the case that your graphics driver is outdated, you will need to download a more updated version. Here is the most up-to-date graphics driver as of now available from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29969/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-  (Please restart your PC after installing it.)

Also, please look up your computer's specs if that didn't work, your computer may not be powerful enough to run the game.

Hope this helped! Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Splotchish I know that you are just being helpful but please do not bump older threads such as this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)