Re: Reset Password

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Reset Password

★★★ Newbie

My friend received an email that his account password was reset when he did not request it. In attempting to recover the password, the instructions were send in another language, indicating that someone else was using it. We are unsure on how to recover his account and prevent it from being further tampered with. Any help with this matter would be appreciated. The email is [edit: email address removed] and the origin id is morrowindmaster22.

Message 1 of 8 (38,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Talk to EA Advisor first,the email may be just a scam to get your friend to log in and get informations from him/her.

Take the time to read our Most Helpful Articles such as "https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-maintain-account-security" or "https://help.ea.com/article/fifa-13-ultimate-team-stay-safe " as they contain useful information.

The following process should be followed if you believe that your Origin (EA) Account has been hacked or compromised.

If you have been notified that your email address has been changed but have not requested a change of email address, suffered any other similarly suspicious activity, or have any other reason to doubt the security of your account, please follow the steps below to create a new account in order to request contact us for support.

Note, before contacting, be sure to have the following information available so that we may help you as quickly as possible:

• serial number from one of your games, if possible, is the easiest identifier we can use to locate your account. If you do not a serial number available we will be able to accept your GamertagPSID, or Character Names from online games.
  • The email address you would like to be contacted at
  • The original email address for your compromised accout
  • Your actual date of birth
  • The date of birth used to set up your account

Create a new Origin (EA) Account:

• Go to help.ea.com and select "Register" in the Login Bar located in the upper-right corner 
  • Enter an email address you have never used with an EA account before
  • Choose a Master ID and a Passwordenter your date of birth and rest of the required fields using only accurate information.

Contact Us from your New Account

• Go to help.ea.com and select "Login" in the Login Bar.
  • Select "Contact Us" located further down the right side.
  • Select "Origin" as your product.
  • Select "Account Security" as your category.
  • Select "PC" as your platform.
  • Select "I Still Need Help"

For customers in North America:

• Select "Call me."
  • Enter your phone number.
  • Select "Submit."

For Customers outside of North America:

• Go to the "choose a contact method" section
  • Contact us using the telephone number provided within the listed opening hours

Please be aware that it is likely that the agent you speak to will need to confirm information on this account.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM

Message 2 of 8 (38,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Reset Password   https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword?execution=e1764010996s1

Lost or forget  https://help.ea.com/article/ive-lost-or-forgotten-my-password-how-can-i-recover-it

Update your email   http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Update-your-email-address-or-security-question/m-p/1040072#U1...

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM

Message 3 of 8 (38,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

[edit: email address removed] 

Message 4 of 8 (37,826 Views)

EA Staff

@leia-wars do you have an issue resetting your password?

Message 5 of 8 (37,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes I have a very bad issue been trying for 2 days please help   sueprissy222@yahoo,com

Message 6 of 8 (30,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 8 (19,375 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @julykid8 I'm locking this thread as it is 7 years old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (19,329 Views)