Remove a trial from library

by Taibreah

Original Post

Re: Remove a trial from library

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Would there be a future version and or option to do delete games we don't want? Such as the trials.

My situation was a bit different.

I was surfing shop browser and I click the Sims 4 trial version to see information about it. But in some way when I click apparently it automatically placed it in my library. I was like "What in the world I click wrong" haha

Anyways I will like to know if by any chance, there would be any method of letting us have the option to delete/remove games that are trials.

P.s. Thanks. 

Message 11 of 28 (2,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DannyOuter

It isn't currently available, but since trials don't pose the same risks as deleting full game titles, this is certainly something I can ask to be reviewed once more.

Message 12 of 28 (2,389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good to know @Straatford87

Looking forward to it. 

P.s. Thanks. 

Message 13 of 28 (2,385 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DannyOuter

You're welcome!

I would also like to mention that we've recently opened up new Origin community forums. If you would like to discuss or leave feedback, then here is now the perfect place to do so:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Community/ct-p/origin-community-en

Message 14 of 28 (2,381 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh I will do so. Thank you for the information @Straatford87. Truly.

P.s. Cheers.

Message 15 of 28 (2,375 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem here i want to remove battlefield 4 and simcity!

Message 16 of 28 (2,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is just a bit ridiculous. Why does a trial need to be permanently stuck in your library? "Hide" is a mere band-aid to what should be a very simple problem to solve. I noticed my trial library showed up today even though it's hidden, so that in itself isn't even really a solution.

Message 17 of 28 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@kohmeito

Could you check your filters so you're sure that you aren't actually showing Hidden content?

While it's currently not possible to delete trials, the feedback has been forwarded.

Kind regards,

Message 18 of 28 (2,059 Views)

★★ Novice

Filters are not the problem. I have this issue as well. At first it was only once every few months, but now it's literally every time I launch Origin. My trials reappear and I have to unhide and rehide them to make them go away. This happens regardless of what I have the filters set to. It's becoming very annoying. Honestly, we should just have the option to remove trials and demos. Or at the very least have a hide function that actually hides things.

Message 19 of 28 (2,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hiding is useless since I will never play the trail, and when hiding it highlights filters. I no longer want to see useless * in Origin!

Message 20 of 28 (1,940 Views)