Remove a trial from library

by Taibreah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remove a trial from library

★★ Novice

Hi. I have the trial version of Dragon Age: Inquisition still in my library even after I purchased the full game. Is there a way to remove the trial game from my library now that I have the full game? Thanks.

Message 1 of 28 (27,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Remove a trial from library

EA DICE Team

@Taibreah,

You can right-click the game and "Hide" it. Currently there is no method for users to completely remove something from their accounts themselves.

--Tom

View in thread

Message 2 of 28 (33,824 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Taibreah,

You can right-click the game and "Hide" it. Currently there is no method for users to completely remove something from their accounts themselves.

--Tom

Message 2 of 28 (33,825 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok. Thanks. I guess I'll just hide it. I was hoping there was a way to have it removed, because even though I hide it in my library, it still shows up when viewing my online profile.

Message 3 of 28 (27,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

That is the best we can do at the moment!

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Message 4 of 28 (27,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I played the Sims 4 game time and I just recently bought the disk version. I can't install the sims because i get an error saying that i already used the game time. What should I do?

Message 5 of 28 (27,029 Views)

EA DICE Team

@zjdawesomeman

You could try clearing your Origin cache.

If the issue persists, please contact a Game Advisor using the below steps, they will have to make some account management changes:

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ -- do not use a mobile device to contact us
2. Select your country from the upper left corner. If it isn't listed, try US or UK
3. Select Game, click Next
4. Select Platform, click Next
5. Select Topic and Issue and give a description, click Next
6. Select the method in which you want to contact us
7. Some contact options might not be available depending on the time at which you place your request

Doesn't work? Select another game, topic or issue. You can also press F5 to reload the page or try another browser.

Unable to login on your account? Click "Having trouble accessing your account?" at the bottom right of the screen, during the login step.

Message 6 of 28 (27,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87

Hi

Once i got The sims4 trial, and i added it to my libary, but never installed it.

Now when i bought the real disc and started installing it, it says its installing the trial not the real game

Is this a bug or when i install it i have the trial time( 48 hours)

Message 7 of 28 (26,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@danilamuska

The trial is the full game - once the 48 hours are over then you should be able to continue with the actual game instead of the trial.

Message 8 of 28 (26,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87. Why can't we get rid of trials, it seems as though we have to buy the game to actually remove it, which seems as though we are being forced into purchasing the full game. I recently got the Battlefield 4 free trial, and my time ran out; I find it incredibly annoying that there is a game in my Origin library that I cannot access. I thought about waiting to see if the game would automatically disappear from my games library, but it's has gotten to a point where it's now a thorn in my eye. I have considered hiding it, but that does not make me feel at all better. Is it really to much to add an option to remove trials from our library, because I didn't even like the game at all anyway.

Message 9 of 28 (26,566 Views)

EA DICE Team

@English_Bagel

Currently there is no method of permanently removing games in Origin, this includes trials. However, I agree that a trial is different to a full game. I can forward your request to the Origin team to see if it would be possible that add this function in the future.

Your current best option is to hide the game.

Message 10 of 28 (26,515 Views)