Reinstallation and Language Change

by sunshine16825

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reinstallation and Language Change

★★★ Newbie

Hello! These days my computer had to be re-installed due to some issues with a different program. Unfortunately when re-installing the Sims 4 all my savings were gone. Since I expected this to happen I made a back up copy of my Sims 4 files. After following the guidelines online I exchanged the new empty Sims 4 saved folder with the back-up version with my last savings. Unfortunately when launching the game the savings are still gone and nothing changed. Could it be that the problem occurs because my previous Sims 4 was in German while now it got installed in English? Is it possible to use my savings from the old saved files while continuing to play in English? What could I do that the game actually recognizes that the saved file folder is not empty anymore? Did I maybe make any mistake while copying the back up data? (see screenshot). Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 3 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reinstallation and Language Change

@sunshine16825  The problem is that your saves are inside two saves folders, as you can clearly see in your screenshot.  Please move the saves directly into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves.

By the way, the only difference between playing in German and English, at least as far as user files are concerned, is that German names the user folder "Die Sims 4."  The saves and other files can be transferred between languages without any issues, although you'll notice that certain names in your existing saves will stay in German rather than switching to English.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @sunshine16825 did you create the save file after installing the game or did the game create it?

You could try starting a new game and then move your old save in?

The language thing could be an issue but try the above first to see what happens.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (280 Views)

@sunshine16825  The problem is that your saves are inside two saves folders, as you can clearly see in your screenshot.  Please move the saves directly into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves.

By the way, the only difference between playing in German and English, at least as far as user files are concerned, is that German names the user folder "Die Sims 4."  The saves and other files can be transferred between languages without any issues, although you'll notice that certain names in your existing saves will stay in German rather than switching to English.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)