Registering Origin game on Bioware account to get DAO Toolset

by LoveIand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registering Origin game on Bioware account to get DAO Toolset

★★ Novice

The issue I'm having is actually pretty simple. Or that's what I thought a few days ago. Haha.

I have a Bioware account that is linked to my Origin account. DAO isn't showing up in the registered games for the Bioware account. I've tried using the product code to register it (on the Bioware page for registration, it says you're supposed to be able to use the Origin product code, that it's supposed to be possible), yet every time I go to do it, it tells me "invalid code."

I was wondering if there was anything I can do. I've looked online and everything said to ask EA help (which didn't help at all, because no one seems to understand my problem, they all think it's referring to downloading and playing). So, I'm asking on here.

I simply want to register my Dragon Age: Origins on the Bioware site so that I can get the toolset.

Any help would be appreciated.

If this isn't clear enough, I'll be happy to go step by step in detail of my problem.

Message 1 of 2 (1,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Registering Origin game on Bioware account to get DAO Toolset

★★★ Novice

Okay I'm not 100% sure I know what's going on here, but I'm gonna try anyways. First I'm sure you did, but did you copy/paste it directly from the Origin page you can find it on? Secondly your description of your issue wasn't very clear, so if I had a hard time understanding it EA support may have had a hard time. Even though I love EA support, sometimes they just don't get something if you don't explain it right. Try telling them this.

"I bought dragon age: Origin on pc, I can download and play it just fine. But the product code I was given wont register via the bioware social network. I was hoping I could get a new product code that works."

This should get you what you need. if they ask for more info, make sure you're being very clear and that you only state what's wrong. That you can play the game just fine, you just can't properly register the game on the bioware website because your product code doesn't work, and as a result you can't download the mod tools aka the Dragon age tool set.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,617 Views)

All Replies

Re: Registering Origin game on Bioware account to get DAO Toolset

★★★ Novice

Okay I'm not 100% sure I know what's going on here, but I'm gonna try anyways. First I'm sure you did, but did you copy/paste it directly from the Origin page you can find it on? Secondly your description of your issue wasn't very clear, so if I had a hard time understanding it EA support may have had a hard time. Even though I love EA support, sometimes they just don't get something if you don't explain it right. Try telling them this.

"I bought dragon age: Origin on pc, I can download and play it just fine. But the product code I was given wont register via the bioware social network. I was hoping I could get a new product code that works."

This should get you what you need. if they ask for more info, make sure you're being very clear and that you only state what's wrong. That you can play the game just fine, you just can't properly register the game on the bioware website because your product code doesn't work, and as a result you can't download the mod tools aka the Dragon age tool set.

Message 2 of 2 (1,618 Views)