Re: Activation required for already activated game. Product key does not work

by oroszlanyzsolt

Original Post

★★ Novice
I had today the same problem, I puchased The Sims 3 a month ago, played than had to uninstall it because I needed some space for work stuff. Today I installed, went home from work thinking awesome at least at night I can play, nope launched the game, it asked for activation and since than it is no longer in my game library.
When I tried to use my key for The Sims 3 it says it is already redeemed.
I don't understand how can something like this happen, we buy the game in your case it is a boxed version mine was electronical only game key. I ws thinking ok if I buy a boxed version .. but now I can see it doesn't matter what version do you have ... I payed for that game and I won't pay every single time when somehow it magically vanishes from my account!
Now I left with empty wallet and no game.
This is why people use illegal game they are sick and tired of this! I uninstalled Origin but before that I've found an information page on EA's account page where they list all my games, you might guess that neither The Sims 3 nor The Sims 4 Deluxe is listed there, so it is only a matter of time that my The Sims 4 will "vanish" from my game library which I purchased for 25€.
Why do EA do this? The worst feeling if you become a victim of crime because this is it!
Message 1 of 7 (760 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@oroszlanyzsolt

When you redeem a code it is tied to your account. So you just need to login to Origin with that account then you will find it in Game library where you can download it and play it.

If you are logged in to the correct account and it does not show up in Origin you need to clear Origins cache. In the accepted answer you can read how to do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (750 Views)

★★ Novice
I was contacting with EA about this, they told me the same and other tips and tricks how to solve my problem. It didn't work sadly. Than I also logged in to my account online in browser there should be visible but neither saw The Sims 3 in browser nor in Origin client. For the third time contacting the told me to ask for another key. I've only one account.
Message 3 of 7 (737 Views)

Hero

Hi @oroszlanyzsolt

I split your posts as the other thread was a bit old and move it to EA General Issues.

I'll forward this to a community manager to help you further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (729 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @oroszlanyzsolt,

I just had a look at your cases and and I can see that support has given you all necessary information. Please follow the advice provided to you on november 20th. 

Should you have any further questions, please contact our support team again Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 5 of 7 (723 Views)

★★ Novice
I've contacted the person whom I purchased The Sims 3, he said that the key for the game is valid, which is true because I've have had in my library. He also said he won't provide another key for the game.
I lost my money and the game.
Message 6 of 7 (702 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

I'm sorry but there is nothing that we can do about this from our end, this is something that needs to be looked into by the retailer.

For more information you can read this article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#unauthorized

Jason.png
Message 7 of 7 (672 Views)