Purchases through thesims3.com store resulting in 4014 error code

by GMGamerGirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchases through thesims3.com store resulting in 4014 error code

★★★★★ Apprentice

When trying to purchase additional SimPoints via thesims3.com store, the purchase process is resulting in a 4014 error code and won't allow me to complete the purchase through my PayPal account.  I've talked to someone in support via chat and they said they were having server issues and to try again later.  That was four hours ago and it's still not working.

I've since made a different purchase through my PayPal account and a different site so it appears to be directly related to thesims3.com store.  Anyway to get some help there, or a time frame on when it might be resolved?

Thx

Message 1 of 8 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchases through thesims3.com store resulting in 4014 error code

★★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like the issue was resolved on EA's end, as I was able to purchase the points without any further issues.

Thanks for the additional support.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (290 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@GMGamerGirl

Hi,

Try to logout and login to the Origin website or client before trying your order again. You can also try using a different payment method.

I don't have a current ETA as to when this will be available again should the issue persists.

Message 2 of 8 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tried the purchase again after logging out/back in again.  Still not working.  PayPal usage for making online purchases is pretty significant so I would think that would be remedied sooner rather than later, given that most banks often decline these types of purchases when made directly with a bank card.

Message 3 of 8 (328 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GMGamerGirl

I checked your account and the reason for the payments failing. Are you sure that you are using the correct name and address details everywhere?

If you continue to experience payment issues then please reach out to an EA Advisor.

Message 4 of 8 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I did double check the information and I covered that originally when I talked to support.  Also..."I've since made a different purchase through my PayPal account and a different site so it appears to be directly related to thesims3.com store."

Thank  you for your help.

Message 5 of 8 (306 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GMGamerGirl

It seems that something is not registering correctly. I won't be able to help you further via the forum as it contains personal information.

However, if you reach out to an EA Advisor as mentioned in my previous post then they will be able to investigate further for you.

Message 6 of 8 (298 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like the issue was resolved on EA's end, as I was able to purchase the points without any further issues.

Thanks for the additional support.

Message 7 of 8 (291 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GMGamerGirl

That is good to hear. Thank you for confirming, and enjoy the game.. Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (266 Views)