Purchase Mass Effect 1 Only

by JeffNyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchase Mass Effect 1 Only

★★ Novice

I have Mass Effect 2 and 3 via Origin. I have Mass Effect 1 via Steam, but I would like to get the entire collection under Origin.

Currently I only see an option to buy the first game as part of the trilogy pack. But I don't want to re-purchase two games that I already have just to get the first.

Is it possible to just buy Mass Effect 1, via Origin, as a standalone?

If I somehow simply missed it in the store, I will be more than happy to call myself an idiot and spare anyone else the trouble. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchase Mass Effect 1 Only

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It shows up when I search the Origin store for Mass Effect - so it is available.

Having said that, you might not need to repurchase it to get it on Origin. Have you tried redeeming your serial key provided by Steam on Origin? Many people including me were able to simply redeem it to get it on our Origin accounts.

Others got an invalid key error when they tried but were able to get the game added by contacting a game advisor https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

• Select Mass Effect in Steam and on the right hand side you should see a "CD Key" link - click that and you will be shown your serial key.
  • Click the "Copy to clipboard" button
  • Open the Origin client and log in to the account you want the game to be added to
  • In the top left hand corner click "Origin"
  • Then click "Redeem Product Code..."
  • Enter your serial key (press ctrl-v to paste it if you copied it to clipboard) and follow the instructions and hopefully it will simply be added to your account.
  • Otherwise you may have to try contacting an advisor to ask them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It shows up when I search the Origin store for Mass Effect - so it is available.

Having said that, you might not need to repurchase it to get it on Origin. Have you tried redeeming your serial key provided by Steam on Origin? Many people including me were able to simply redeem it to get it on our Origin accounts.

Others got an invalid key error when they tried but were able to get the game added by contacting a game advisor https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

• Select Mass Effect in Steam and on the right hand side you should see a "CD Key" link - click that and you will be shown your serial key.
  • Click the "Copy to clipboard" button
  • Open the Origin client and log in to the account you want the game to be added to
  • In the top left hand corner click "Origin"
  • Then click "Redeem Product Code..."
  • Enter your serial key (press ctrl-v to paste it if you copied it to clipboard) and follow the instructions and hopefully it will simply be added to your account.
  • Otherwise you may have to try contacting an advisor to ask them.
Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response.

You are correct: the first game is there on Origin. I was simply not being observant enough. I didn't click the "11 more results" link.

I have not tried redeeming the serial key from Steam. That's an interesting approach and I will give that a shot.

Thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks again for the assistance. I marked the above as the accepted solution.

I was simply wrong about the game not being on Origin.

As far as using the activation code from Steam, I tried it and got invalid code. I went through part of the "invalid code" support process but it was indicated that a Steam version cannot be transferred over to Origin.

For now I'll just go through Mass Effect 1 on Steam.

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)