Public ID name taken but cannot add that ID as a friend

by Zonfl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Public ID name taken but cannot add that ID as a friend

★★ Novice

Hi, My name across all devices is Zonfi and I came to this account to update the name and it says it’s already taken but when I try to find the person with Zonfi to add them as a friend there’s no one there. I was wondering if that’s a bug and that the name isn’t taken or if it’s been inactive long enough for me to take the name. Otherwise why can’t I add them as a friend?

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Public ID name taken but cannot add that ID as a friend

Community Manager

Hey @Zonfl if you are getting a message that the name is already taken then this would be a case.

That you can not find the user would point to the user having set their profile to not be searchable.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the username. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (361 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Zonfl if you are getting a message that the name is already taken then this would be a case.

That you can not find the user would point to the user having set their profile to not be searchable.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the username. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know its possible with other companies but do you guys let people claim a name from another account if that said account has been inactive for a certain period of time?

Thank you for your time

Message 3 of 4 (357 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Zonfl if another user has claimed and is using that username then there is nothing that we can do to take it off them and allow you to use it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)