Production Code alreafy used Sims 4???

by Emimo0001

Original Post

Production Code alreafy used Sims 4???

★★★ Newbie
I got the Sims 4 as a gift just when it came out all that time ago (NEW) , forgot I had it and then finally sat down to install the game by creating a new Origin account.

Now I'm just left angry because apparently the production code is already used? It cost like over a 100 american dollars in Sweden when the kind people bought it and it's all just ... ugh, I can't even Frown
Message 1 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Production Code alreafy used Sims 4???

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Emimo0001

Hi there,

You are most likely logged in to the wrong account. The following page explains how our system works where you register games to your EA Account, to use them via Origin:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Spotlight-Managing-Your-Games-and-EA-Account/td-p/5865432

Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How is that possible, if I've never ever used the code up until now, and only on this account? And if it happens to somehow be on an old one ... what then? I've heard this is a frequent problem among users -- for example having to reinstall the game or or there being an error and thus not being able to use the game? Origin in a nutshell ...

Thanks for the answer though Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Emimo0001

As detailed in the thread that I linked, you register your game to an account, and not to a system.

This means that you will only ever need to register your games once. Then using the account details (email + password) where the game is registered on, you can login to Origin to view your games from any location.

If you are still unsure on which account the game is registered, then you can reach out to an EA Advisor to have them check this for you. Please have your product code ready when contacting them:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 4 of 4 (175 Views)