Re: Product code/key invalid on Origin and EA

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Product code/key invalid on Origin and EA

★★★ Novice

I tried to redeem a product key on EA and it said "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."
And also on Origin "The product code you entered is not valid. Please re-enter the code."
I contacted EA-support and they said the key has not been redeemed yet. Is this a problem of the client?

As I see this problem has been around since 2013 and there is still no solution.

Message 1 of 9 (2,149 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @P5ycho23,

Have you tried redeeming the Code on your EA Profile page, where you can link/unlink accounts, enable 2FA, etc?

There's a Tab on there that says "Redeem Code", just make sure you're logged into the correct account you want to redeem the Code on.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate 

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@iluminatetheskyI tried it several times, but most of the time the "Redeem code" tab doesn't even load in. When it does and I try to redeem the code it says there is an error, try later.

Message 3 of 9 (2,101 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @P5ycho23,

When you try to redeem the code on the Desktop Site, can you please clear everything in your Web Browser? (History, Cache, Cookies, etc) and try redeeming the Code again?

You can also try the same thing in Origin: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★ Novice
@iluminatethesky Neither worked :/ After confirmation it still says the code is invalid or that there is an error.
Message 5 of 9 (2,073 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @P5ycho23,

Sorry to hear that didn't work out for you.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do here on the Forums about this Code. You may need to get in contact with EA Help again and see if there's something they can do for you.

I hope this gets resolved for you.

Thank you Standard smile

- iluminate

Community Manager

Hey @P5ycho23 it looks like something on your system could be blocking Origin. Can you try on a different system and/or network to see if you have the same issue?

If so, then for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, I found the answer. The store I bought it from told me the code was faulty and they sent me a new one, which worked. Thanks for your time and help!

Message 8 of 9 (1,819 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @P5ycho23.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,776 Views)