Product code has already been redeemed. But it's used.

by klawnderr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Product code has already been redeemed. But it's used.

★ Novice

I've purchased a Sims 4 code on G2A a couple hours ago. I opened the Origin website to redeem my code, and it told me to install Origin (which I didn't have before.)

Now I had some issues with Origin starting up. I finally managed to fix that after a while. However after restarting my computer and opening Origin to redeem my code, it said that the code was already redeemed. I'm pissed cause I spent my saved up money on it? I can't afford another code yet... Will the Game show up in my library? Since it's on the same account? 

Message 1 of 2 (468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Product code has already been redeemed. But it's used.

Community Manager

Hi @klawnderr,

Let's see if we can help that game show up for you. 

1. First, make sure you're you’re logged in to the Origin client, and not visiting the Origin Store online
  2. Next, let's try to remove any pre-set filters that might be caught up in. Please go to My Game Library in the Origin client, then click Filter in the top right corner. Click on Hidden games. This will to display any games that you may have accidentally hidden. If the code was redeemed by you on that account it should show in the games library.
  3. If you check for hidden games but you still can’t find the game you’re looking for, try clearing your Origin data cache.

Could you try these steps and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (410 Views)

All Replies

Re: Product code has already been redeemed. But it's used.

Community Manager

Hi @klawnderr,

Let's see if we can help that game show up for you. 

1. First, make sure you're you’re logged in to the Origin client, and not visiting the Origin Store online
  2. Next, let's try to remove any pre-set filters that might be caught up in. Please go to My Game Library in the Origin client, then click Filter in the top right corner. Click on Hidden games. This will to display any games that you may have accidentally hidden. If the code was redeemed by you on that account it should show in the games library.
  3. If you check for hidden games but you still can’t find the game you’re looking for, try clearing your Origin data cache.

Could you try these steps and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (411 Views)