Player statistics for The Sims 4

by iambrandonlee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Player statistics for The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm a marketing student who is working on an assignment for a business class. I chose to focus on EA, specifically The Sims 4 and can't seem to find much information on the demographics of users. Does anyone know where I can find such information? Below are the assignment instructions.

Assignment Instructions:

Intrapreneurs have an uncanny ability for strategic scanning. They spend quality time with their customers to uncover unfulfilled opportunities and use their strategic relationships to test their ideas quickly.  Intrapreneurs spend valuable time thinking about future market and technology convergences to find new ideas to pursue before others.  What is consistently common is their ability to know the unarticulated need of their customers and also recognize their “wow” moments.

For this assignment, you will examine potential unarticulated consumer needs.  You should assume the reader has no prior knowledge of your industry or business, and you should clearly explain the significance of each item and how it relates to your business.

• Continue your research of the organization from last week
  • Review and answer the following questions in written paragraphs, (not a bullet list):

Customer Analysis
In this section write a clear description of your target market and include their needs and wants.
Your product or service should offer a solution to the target market or provide a benefit to your customer.

I want to know that you can identify your customer.
A.    Who are the customers? - Demographics: Individuals - age, gender, socio-economic characteristics, etc.; - Corporations - size, industry, etc.
B.    What do the customers need or want?
C.    Where are the customers?
D.    How does the product or service satisfy customer needs?
E.    Quantify your customer base using Census Data
F.    What are some observed business opportunities?

Competition
This section identifies competitors providing the same or similar solution to your target market.
Do not assume that you have NO competitors.  

(i.e. Sports Marketing students: a potential competitor for the Orlando Magic is Orlando City Soccer.  Do not think of competitors on the court or field.  Think about competitors for your customer’s disposable income.)

A.    Where do potential customers currently buy the product or service you offer?
GIVE ME THE NAMES OF YOUR TOP 3 COMPETITORS.
B.    Who else offers the product or service you offer?
C.    What are the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors?
D.    How will your business be positioned against the competitors?
E.    What are some observed business opportunities?

Unique Selling Proposition
What is your "unique selling proposition?”  What makes you stand apart from your competition? Why are you special? Why should a customer choose to do business with you instead of one of your competitors? The better job you can do to differentiate yourself from your competitors, the more success you will have.

Management
It is important to know what resources you have in-house to support business development and growth.
A.    What background does your management team have? (Industry and management experience)
B.    What is the make-up of the Board of Directors if applicable?

*Reminder: you are writing from the perspective of an employee of your company.  

Message 1 of 2 (1,191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Player statistics for The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @iambrandonlee we don't share information relating to our users and as such we would be unable to assist in providing a lot of the information that you are requesting.  

Your best bet would be to look online for any surveys relating to EA games that others have run in the past.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,119 Views)

All Replies

Re: Player statistics for The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @iambrandonlee we don't share information relating to our users and as such we would be unable to assist in providing a lot of the information that you are requesting.  

Your best bet would be to look online for any surveys relating to EA games that others have run in the past.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,120 Views)