Re: Play button faded? (sims 4)

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play button faded? (sims 4)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone have an idea as to why the 'play' button for my Sims 4 game on Origin is faded out and unclickable?

Message 1 of 6 (1,450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@doctorz9999  Hi,

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,524 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@doctorz9999  Hi,

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 6 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

When you say to install the game once more, do you mean Sims 4 or do you mean to uninstall Origin and install again?  

If you mean the game Sims 4, wouldn't that erase all the families saved inside the game??

Message 3 of 6 (1,332 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@0_weapu_0

Yes, he meant the game.

No, the families and everything are part of your user files, which are in your Documents, and not touched when reinstalling the game.

Message 4 of 6 (1,316 Views)

★ Novice

If there is such an issue why have you not fixed it????? I have deleted the origin..reinstalled it removed files done everything I was told to do and still I can not play the game. I am paying money for this and I expect it to be fixed..I want to call someone and not talk to a faceless identity

Message 5 of 6 (1,157 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I have locked this thread as it is quite old.

If you are seeing an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,115 Views)