Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.0.3

by Hellrazer1

Original Post

Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.0.3

★★ Novice

When can we expect the Pillars of Eternity patch 1.0.3 to be implemented/updated so we can play the game with the patch?  And secondly, why can't Origin customers find out any information about what and when Origin is doing about game patches.  Sorry to say it, but I am regretting that I selected Origin over Steam so far in my experiences using Origin.  No way you don't realize your service is terrible.

Message 1 of 9 (717 Views)

Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.0.3

★★ Novice

Let me clarify what I mean by terrible service.  Actually, I have no problem with anything about Origin except that you do not inform us as to where you are with the patching process and when we can expect the game to be updated.  You have a communications problem.  Why can't you add information about the expected patch update being available to us in the "More Details" section.  You tell us all about the Cloud save update.  I cannot find any information about your QA on the patch, and have to check each day over and over to see if it is done.  I do wonder if Steam provides such an informative method of letting its customers know what is going on.

Message 2 of 9 (698 Views)

★★ Novice

Seriously, others have the patch like 3 days now, and we cant play becuase of Origins, unacceptable, im regretting buying this game from Origins.

Message 3 of 9 (669 Views)

★★ Novice

Cannot get Origin, Steam, or Obsidian to provide me a patched version of Pillars of Eternity.  Will never buy anything from Origin again.  They do not support the games they sell.  Their customer support sucks.  They simply told me to go to Steam for the update and I can't get Steam to update my game because I bought it from Origin online and I do not have the game code.  Never will I buy an electronic copy of a game in the future.  I will only buy physical hard copies.  This is for Origin.  Update the damn game you pieces of *, and provide it to your customers.  Support the games you sell.  I pray to god that you go out of business as soon as possible.  I can't believe I bought the game and cannot play it.  Why in the hell can't you run the patch and provide the update to the people who bought the game?  Hmmm.  Maybe because only a few people bought the game from you in the first place who did not know what pieces of * your company is.  Thank you for absolutely nothing.  Please, please, please.....go to hell Origin.  Have a nice day you *.

Message 4 of 9 (628 Views)

★★ Novice

How can i get a refund, then i can go and buy it on steam? I think this is unaccaptable.

Message 5 of 9 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Duplicating your message thread comments is what is unacceptable. 

@Halmi1987 wrote:

How can i get a refund, then i can go and buy it on steam? I think this is unaccaptable.

Can you avoid losing posting privileges?  Not the way you are going.

Message 6 of 9 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

Duplicate message threads is not really what delayed the implementation.  I called your EA customer service support and was told by Manish that I would have to go to Steam to get the patch.  Manish took 15 min to figure out that answer.  Nobody at Origin seemed to know anything about the latest patch from Obsidian.  Anyway, I am sorry for losing my temper and saying a lot of what I said.  But, I do stand by my feelings that your response to the patch was not a very good one.  Thanks for trying though.  I was a software testing and implementation guy myself in the Air Force and I know it is a busy and timely business.  Sorry again for losing my temper.  You have a nice day.  Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Hellrazer1 The patch should now be live on Origin as well. Right click the game tile in Origin client and select 'Check for Updates'.

Message 8 of 9 (570 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it is!!!!  Thanks very very much.   Love this game.  My favorite.  ty

Message 9 of 9 (565 Views)