Pending Purchase- Not asking for refund- Game bug- Reset Pending Purchase?

by hytech12345

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pending Purchase- Not asking for refund- Game bug- Reset Pending Purchase?

★★★ Newbie

I'm providing as much detail as I can to hopefully make this issue be clear, and hopefully solvable--

I have twins each with an ipad.  They have purchase confirmation setup on the ipads.

I successfully purchased the Snow Pea not too long ago.

However, when I tried to buy the Power Lily, the power shut off in our house at that exact moment, and we lost internet connection just as I tried to make the purchase.

The game changed the price of the plant to "Pending", but since the Purchase request never got sent due to internet loss, the approval for the purchase could not be made, and now the item is stuck in limbo..."Pending" status.

I spent quite a few emails with customer support and sent the

1)  The Screenshot of the "Pending" on the plant

2)  The screenshot of the recent Purchase History showing that this item was not successfully purchased.

Customer service seemed to try to issue a refund kept by continually asking for the email confirmation of the purchase from the itunes store.

I made it clear:

1)  I was not looking for a refund 

2)  The purchase never happened (Please, again, look at the purchase history at the attachment I sent showing (The power lily) was not bought, therefore- NO EMAIL from itunes)

There was NOTHING APPLE SUPPORT OR ITUNES STORE could do, because there was no purchase history, because the item wasn't purchased.

Restoring Purchases doesn't work, because the item was never purchased so it couldn't be restored.

Deleting and restoring the app didn't work.

EA customer support on emails indicated that they deal with in game issues only, and not bugs, and please to post on the forums here.

They indicated that many decisions were made on bugs and if they would be fixed, and that's based on the number of customers having this problem, and if it's technically feasible, with a workaround or a patch.

ALSO- This exact thing happened a few months ago, at the exact instant when we lost power (heavy rains and winds)...

so now I have 2 ipads, each with a "Pending" Purchase that seemingly can't be reset?

Can anyone offer some help to fix this problem?

Thank you very much!

Arthur

Message 1 of 4 (452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pending Purchase- Not asking for refund- Game bug- Reset Pending Purchase?

Community Manager

In that case @hytech12345 let's try a little basic troubleshooting to see if it helps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

It could be as simple as an issue with cached data so if you don't mind trying the above that would be great.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (407 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @hytech12345 when it comes to issues such as this you may need to speak with iTunes support as they are the only ones who can deal with account or billing issues.

It's been awhile since I've seen this issue and it may no longer be possible but you can try cancelling any pending purchases by using the following steps:

• Choose Store > View My Appie ID, then click Manage Purchases, which is located in the Settings section at the bottom of the Account Information screen in iTunes on your device.
  • From the Manage Purchases screen, click the Cancel button to the right of the item you would like to cancel. You'll be asked to confirm your purchase cancellation.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your quick answer and attempt to fix this annoying problem on 2 ipads.

At this point I'll try anything, but I already checked purchase history, but there is no way to cancel the pending purchase with ITunes because there is no purchase history.  (See screenshot).

ITunes says see the App developer as there IS NO Pending Purchase and says it's a bug within the app.

EA Customer support also concluded by saying this is an in-APP bug, and it may or not be solved pending priorities, and if its even technically possible.

Phone numbers I've tried to speak to EA disconnect, or not allow speaking to anyone, and refer you straight back to web pages for support.

Is there anyway to completely delete the app from the ipad, and erase all data, and start a new account using the same ipad?  (1 pad is far along and this extreme solution wont work, but one ipad we just started, so it would be..acceptable...

Thanks!!!

Arthur

Message 3 of 4 (425 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @hytech12345 let's try a little basic troubleshooting to see if it helps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

It could be as simple as an issue with cached data so if you don't mind trying the above that would be great.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (408 Views)